digging deeper

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mdk13, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdk13

mdk13 New Member

my constant feeling I'll never be happy is made worse by family, my shrink and my own head telling me that I've made great strides, i'm clean and sober almost five years but all I want is to lay down and sleep for ever, everyday even so called good days the thought of dying spins through my head, my shrink says yes you have those thoughts but you work them out without any action to do it I believe I'm just paying for her to stroke my ego,any ideas to help ease these thought?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should try and believe what your shrink is saying, shrinks are highly trained and I would take their advice. Welcome to this forum, I hope you find the help and support you need, also well done on being sober for 5 years, that is a great achievement.
  3. sososad15

sososad15 New Member

I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I understand your feelings of loneliness and isolation. I am just out of an abusive relationship with my husband. He's taken everything from me. He's taken my home, my money, my dog, and even lied to the police to have me arrested. I'm also three months pregnant. He's very good at lying and manipulation. No one knows that I'm telling the truth for sure except me. I'm living with my Mother now. She is pretty bad in situations where I am feeling very down and upset. In fact she usually makes me feel 20 times worse. She says and does things and then doesn't remember doing them and then denies that it ever happened to my face. My husband did the same thing. It's called "gas lighting". In her case I think she actually doesn't remember most of the time. Other times she just wants to feel better about herself and just denies it. I feel completely and totally alone with my pain and suffering. I don't feel like I have any real friends. I don't really trust people anymore. I'm afraid to. I've never had much luck with friends. Having real friends anyway. Now I've discovered that my child has Klienfelters syndrome. It means he has a genetic disorder and might have some delayed speech and motor function. I don't have anyone to really lean on to help me with the baby. My life is in the garbage and I just want it to end. I wish the baby was enough to make me happy but I'm really struggling.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

the thing is, you can't predict the future. just because you are going through pain now, you can't conclude that you will always be in pain and will never again be happy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.