Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chocolata, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chocolata

chocolata New Member

has anyone considered going to Dignitas?
  2. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

I dunno. I don't "trust" people that easily. It all sounds too convenient with Dignitas.
    I'm not sure I'd take them up.
  3. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

But they won't help people who don't have a terminal or chronic PHYSICAL ailment.
  4. chocolata

chocolata New Member

which I do
  5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I thought it was for people who were "deemed" after their many tests to be incurable.And as stupid as it sounds I think they want you to be sane about your decision........hmmmmmmm.I dont think I classed myself as sane when I od'd.....
  6. alloutoftears

alloutoftears Account Closed

have to have a terminal illness, the irony is that i reckon there will be clinics for all in the not too distant future (20-30 yrs) due to resource depletion.
  7. chocolata

chocolata New Member

the criteria are terminal illness and/or a progressive and debilitating condition - it's not a place to go when you're depressed and want to stop the world and get off. So I'm guessing the answer to my question is no.
  8. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Nice thought though....
  9. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I'm quite fond of the idea of suicide clinics, where one can simply go to die at any time regardless of health status. Unfortunately, such things aren't likely to exist within my lifetime.

If I were terminally ill and had the necessary funds, I'd probably at least consider going to Dignitas (or moving to Oregon, where PAS is legal and which is much closer by :))
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.