Dinner Blessings

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by jacknife, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacknife

jacknife Guest

Maybe instead of thanking god for the large ham and chicken soup before eating, a family could recite a few lines of nature-themed poetry to honor the dead. Why not conduct a brief funeral service for the deceased pig and chicken before digging in?

You know, I saw this documentary recently about a wealthy family who happen to own a pet pig. They treat it similarly to a dog. In one scene, their spoiled son actually feeds some of his uneaten greasy bacon to the pig, and it's quickly gobbled up, right off the plate. An interesting scenario suddenly appeared in my mind.

One afternoon, let's suppose this chubby, cartoon-headed boy is briefly interrupted from his daily video game marathon. Mommy brings in a big bowl of chili. He doesn't notice his dad's absence, or the unusual blood stains on mom's apron. Instead of beef, strips of cooked flesh from the corpse of his father are mixed in with the beans, sauce, and other flavorings. I can totally picture this guy wolfing it down without a second thought, just like the pig, completely oblivious.

In fact, it tastes better than ever. The only problem is that the strips are a wee bit chewier than usual. Mom fetches him a twelve pack of Dr. Pepper (his tooth-decaying ambrosia of choice) to help flush the stringy remaining chunks down his gullet. At least she can rest easy knowing his late night sugar cravings are well satiated.

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:unsure:

3. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Man, I really want a bacon sandwich right now.

4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I've got the same sentiment. But I was thinking lamb :laugh:.

5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Make me a sammich :whack:

6. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

Fantastic. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.