Dipping My Toes into the Water.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nelka, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelka

Nelka Member

Good morning,

I found this forum after googling information on depression and suicide. I haven't had the chance to explore the site indepth, but I see a lot of people with problems similiar to my own.

Right now I'm at work but I thought I would take a quick moment to introduce myself. I am 27 years old, married and have had issues with Depression on and off for as long as I can remember.

Right now I'm in the process of changing medication. The past two weeks have been especially difficult, there has been a lot of anxiety and crying spells. I have also had strong compulsions to end my life. I do not want to die and I would never want to hurt my loved ones that way, but the fantasies are very persistant.

Anyway, thanks for allowing me to come here and vent.

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Welcome to the site hun, i hope you find what you are looking for here.

As for your medication being switched i hope allg oes well. Take care

3. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Nelka and welcome to SF, I'm glad you have found us and I look forward to getting to know you.
    You will find many people with problems similar to yours, it's good to talk with people who really understand what you are going through.
    I trust you will find the site informative and supportive, and I am sure you will make new friends along the way.
    Changing medication is never easy but things should settle down again fairly quickly.

Take care Hazel x

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  4. Nelka

Nelka Member

Thanks for the responses.

I have been off of Lexapro for a month now. I weaned off the medication with the help of my doctor due to intense side effects. Unfortunately my panic attacks prevented me from functioning, so I was recently prescribed Celexa.

I'm not quite sure whether my old depression has resurfaced because the Lexapro is finally out of my system or if my body is adjusting to the Celexa. I believe I can tell the difference between the depression I feel because things aren't going well and the depression I feel due to a chemical imbalance. (The ones that I believe are caused by a chemical imbalance are excessive and difficult to control. I lose my emotions over the most vacuous things.)

I suppose time will tell in the end. (But that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy the wait.)

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hi Nelka and welcome to SF :welcome:

Hopefully you'll stick around, and you'll find that the people here are very supportive. There's always someone around to listen, and if you ever wanna talk in private, feel free to drop me a PM :hug:

x
    Ester

6. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: Nelka, i hope you will find the support here you are looking for :) Changing medications can be very difficult and i hope you adjust well to the new ones. Good luck and we all hope to hear soon you are doing better. Good luck. Perhaps you want to check out chat one of those days :hug:

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Nelka. I am glad you found us and chose to join us here. As was already mentioned by others, you will find many people that do understand what you are going through and have similar problems to yours. I hope we are able to help support you in a positive way. Take care. :hug:

8. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF Nelka :hug:

Hope to see you around the forum :hug:

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome :hug: x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.