disability

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by silent_chaos, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

i was wondering from the people who get disability or applying, did you fill out the paper work, or did you have a caseworker or doctor fill it out in your behalf, or was it both you and you doctor.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun both you and your doctor need to fill out the form My daughter also wrote out a history of her illness and how it has affected her It is best your doctor pdoc or therapist fills out the forms because they will have all that history the proof that your illness is affecting your life to point you cannot work hugs

3. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

my therapist/ caseworker made me do it all, and he skipped questions. and at the very end when you give your last statement he left it BLANK! he said they get the picture of whats going on. i have been denied twice cause he makes me do it. i met with a laywer and he went with me, and i had a hard time coming up with answers i was having bad anxiety, so i asked him can he remind me of stuff that ive brought up with him for this question. and again he just shrugged his shoulders and said she wants you answer meaning the lawyer! i hate this guy i want to hurt him. he makes me want to kill myself. i cant put my foot down and open my mouth, i asked him in the beging wasnt he supposed to help, he drags out welllllllllll let them hear it from you! also the second time same thing. half answered questions. or he would just put no, so he didnt have to type an explanation. he typed the information in the computer that was it. he said he was tired and had enough and sent it in. FML

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Im sorry he is not helpful hun the best thing you can do is sit down and write what your life is like and how this illness you have has destroyed your dreams It was my daughters words i think that help hun to get her the disability but your therapist your doctor needs to write down your medical mental history for them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.