Disabled girl's parents defend growth-stunting treatment

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Aquariamethystea, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is absolutely horrible!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/03/12/pillow.angel/index.html

This is a major example of why I am so much against childbirth.
    It is even worse when parents make life-altering decisions like that, which totally oppress their child and the ability for the child to make their own decisions regarding their body as they age.

2. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Umm.. not sure if you read the entire article. Even if the child became older, she is brain dead and would be incapable of making any decisions anyways.

3. Though there might be a cure for her illness when she gets older. By then, she won't be able to undo the horrific trauma which her parents have medically inflicted upon her.

4. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Amethyst is right, science makes huge advances every year, if there ever came a time in this young girls life that someone could cure her of her illness, she would then have to live with the fact that her body has been mutilated beyond repair. I read about this story a while ago and I found it totaly appauling that this child had been robbed of the right to grow into a woman, she might never talk, or even be able to understand who or what she is, her illness has taken most of her humanity away, and her parents and doctors violated the last connection she had to that, her body. They removed her female sex organs and cut her breasts off, and I read somewhere that this was designed to protect her from sexual abuse from people who cared for her!!!! That is pretty much saying that her own parents will eventualy dump her on someone else so they can get on with their cushy little lives free from any responsability. The doctors who consented to carry this mutilation out should be struck off and jailed, and her parents have their body's violated with a rusty knife, thats my oppinion.

Over and out.

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I read about that months ago. It's so disturbing that it's painful to remind myself about it. The girl's parents and doctor should be shot.

6. I completely agree.

The sad thing is that there are alot of parents like them. Legal protection ought to be given towards these children. Basically, these parents are rapists.

7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

oh god that makes me sick..

:S what the hell.. fuckin just kill her and get it over with.. hell get yourself a dog or a doll that you can braid it's hair.. really. .what the hell. redefine your definition of this living.. it's all or nothing. you''ve just robbed and chained someone of their life, no matter how fucked up and limited it is. better to give her a bullet to the head, alteast then she'll die who she is. fuckin makeing an abominiation out of her body..

ug..

8. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

This is disgusting. Aren't parents supposed to put the comfort, health, and happiness of their child over their own? Seriously, someone should take Ashley away from these monsters and allow her to live with someone who actually wants to care from her, as apart from seeing her as an eternal burden.

9. HelpingHand

HelpingHand Active Member

Frankly if I had a family member in this condition... I would just kill them I mean they dont think let alone care. They are just a burden not a person with needs.

10. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

^^ brutal! My b.f sometimes says things like that.

I was subjected to the article in a class last summer.
    I think the main reason the parents want her to stay the same age was to avoid the embarrassment they would feel at having an adult, autistic child.
    The excuse that people would point and torment her isn't valid; she wouldn't even know, and with the degree to which she would need care its unlikely she would suffer by being on her own in any environment. its a matter of them being more comfortable and less ashamed of a child behaving immaturely than an adult. i think if they can't deal with raising a child in whatever sense that occurs, they shouldn't have become parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.