Disappointed in myself

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by elvinchild, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm so disappointed in myself. I've been really, really emotional lately. Tonight I've been sobbing uncontrollably for the past 2 hours. In a desperate attempt to numb myself and regain control, I cut again. But worse. After I did it I was just in shock. I still am. I can't believe I lost control and cut so badly.. I've been so good with therapy and everything.

Its freaking me out just looking at it, it looks so awful, ugh I'm so upset with myself.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey its just a setback everyone has them don't be so hard on yourself. Can you get someone to wrap it for you so you don't look at it. cover it up. Look at how well you have been doing and keep going don't look at one slip up.
    stay well okay and let your therapist know what happened You will see T will say everyone slips up now and then the secret is to keep going and try next time to distract yourself come here and we will help you too.
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey there..
    like mary said try not 2 be so hard on urself :hug:
    here if u ever want 2 talk x
  4. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

take care of the cuts ...do you have neosporin?It helps heal them much faster but if they are too deep for neosporin you need to go to the hospital.It could get infected. :sad:
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Try not to be so hard on yourself. Setbacks happen to everyone. But you were doing well, and you can do that again!!! Don't give up on yourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.