Discipline

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by pit, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

If you were suicidal, alone, and having a heart attack, would you call 911 or would you have the strength and the discipline not to call and let the heart attack finish you off? I hope that I would have the strength not to call.

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

In the throes of a heart attack it'd take a good amount of discipline to be able to keep yourself controlled enough to call 911 and tell them what's happening.

I see the purpose of the question though. Assuming I hadn't miscalculated how long it'd take to absorb the correct dosage I would be dead because I did have that discipline, but I miscalculated and fortunately I found reasons to be glad I failed in that attempt.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Depends how much pain I was in...if it's unbearable I might chicken out and ring 000 (in our country)

4. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I doubt I'd realise it was an actual heart attack and not just another episode of chest pains. Guess I'd be pleasantly surprised, eh? :)

5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I'd like to say i would have the strength not to call but i can't say that my survival insticts would not kick in and be even stronger.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've been tested repeatedly and there's nothing wrong with my heart so I'd not call. I would call in any lethal emergency not related to my heart, though.

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I dont think I would call over some pain. I'm always in pain...
    With women; heart attacks can be disguised as all sorts of areas of pain/tingling/numbness.

My gramma told me that her first heart attack came at her like a migraine - the second one was muscle cramps in her legs and the third one was pain in her breasts.

8. lozzie

lozzie Well-Known Member

the strength to call i would :) although in Australia the phone number isnt 911 its 000 :)

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

dont know if its so much discipline in my case. during my attempts i fear being alone as i get closer to dying. so i end up here posting or in chat. and unfortunately by that point i really dont know what im saying or posting thinking its just words to feel like someone else is there with me. but obviously because im still here after several near fatal attempts, someone picks up on what im saying. the need to die is strong but they fear of being alone when i die is just as stong. :idea: get out the house this time :dry:

10. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I think you would know its a heart attack... i saw my dad go through one (they called it mild) and well i think you'd know, and not fun to wittiness, I think my survival instinct would kick in and i would probably call if it didn't incapacitate me and prevented me from calling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.