Disconnecting ...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by felicity, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felicity

felicity Member

I've been spiralling for days now that I think about it. I don't want to speak to anyone. I just feel numb. And done.
    The state of humanity depresses me. My non existent 'life' depresses me. I'm so over the dysmorphia, ocd, anxieties that plague my existence. I'm tired. Weary. Nearly 52 and ready to throw in the towel. I don't even feel in 'crisis'. There's no anxiety. Just a resigned ... 'this is it'. I read too much online. What a mess the world is in. I'm not climbing out of this pit. Not this time. I just want to let it suck me under and be done.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, so sorry that you are feeling down. Yes, I can understand what your currently feeling but remember life is important. Yes, you are stuck in a pit but you never give up hope on life and yourself. You have a purpose for living and do not think anything different. Do not act on your feelings as we can help you in this tough time.

Think positive, (easy to say I know) that someone in this world does care about and is willing to help you as much as you need it. Sure that's a reason for live for. If you want to talk in private PM me direct and will listen to your feelings. Take care and be safe.

Be strong...

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Maybe try reading more positive and motivational things? I read the news all the time, it is very depressing.
    Do not give up, there are people who care. I know life can be disheartening but try and remain confident about the future if you can.There is a chat room here also if you want to talk in real time :)

4. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

There are many good people out there. What gets reported or is "news" is the not normal, it is the bad and unusual that will get people to read.
    How many people would read about the used trailer mechanic who took up a very small collection at work for the 2 yr old with no Christmas gifts? How many would want to hear about the neighbor who goes to make coffee for old woman whose children can't be bothered? It seems that no one wants to hear about the once a week or once a month volunteers that keep a woman's shelter, or a runaway shelter or an animal rescue running and helping. You never hear about the church buss/van driver who goes out to pick up people who have no other way to get to church. Most people do not think about the volunteer behind the hospital desk willing to answer questions or guild you where you want to go. You never hear about the college kids volunteering their time and effort to sit at a desk to just be there to offer support and help and direct teens in crisis to more help.
    Life is full of good people. Of people doing what they think is right and trying to help.
    The world is full of everyday little kindnesses. They are not what makes "news."

5. PatGray

PatGray Member

I share your feelings. Wow. It's actually nice to see I'm not alone. I get through each day by trying to stop dwelling on myself and focus on making things nice for my wife, who's been lucky enough to stay employed while I've been rotting at home for years. I'm 60 now and am really screwed but that's another story. Maybe try to simply take a vacation from your troubles - perhaps even from yourself. See how it goes. If that makes you happier, it's something you need to investigate and consider further. Good luck and thanks for sharing here. You helped me in a small way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.