Discouraged about returning to college

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by sadhart, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I was feeling determined last month, now all of that is slowly fading. There are too many obstacles in trying to return and I can't get past them. I feel so drained emotionally and constantly stuck. I don't see any hope and I know that sounds cliched, it's the truth. I don't feel like going into detail about this because I have made posts about some of the problems I'm facing already.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Maybe talking to someone about what you are going through can help you get back on track. Sometimes, someone else viewing our situation can suggest things to do we have not thought of. Wishing you better times

3. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

It's hard to talk to people after a while....I can't talk to family cause they arent always understanding, church is hard to open up at some times. And I can't find any real opportunites to afford to talk to my therapist. I mean, how I am supposed to not drink or cut or want to take my life when nothing works?

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

Get a support structure going. Parent, friend. Significant other if that's available. Teacher. Advisor. Campus counseling, if that's your bag. A job on campus worked for me at first. Thats what I learned to do... make some connections with people on the campus and in your life. Make sure you can go somewhere for genuine support if you start feeling out of control... I couldn't have finished my B.A. without that. And medication.

If you don't have a serious drive, like for instance, my drive became inward anger focused outwards, then I would wait... once you have the momentum going then failure is more like a setback or obstacle, and school becomes a game, like F*^k anyone and anything who hates or gets in the way, and how to use a fake smile and a bitter heart to get through it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.