Discussion about suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hoasis, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoasis

Hoasis Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I want to have a constructive discussion about suicide in this post, no therapy bullshit please. I have been thinking, for a lot of people, suicide is the BEST option long term. With people suffering different mental/physical problems, they KNOW they will not get better, so then whats the point? For these people suicide might be the best option, not to just EXIST not live for many many years. What do you think?`
    Is suicide always a cheap escapegoat or is it the best option for some people?
  2. mikest8

mikest8 Member

Suicide have never been a easy choise, neither a cowardly decision. I get so mad when people say this (I'm not saying you did). So most of those who chose to end their lifes surely had already figured out that it would hurt people, but it's something they got to do to end their own pain. They can call suicide a selfish and self-concerned decision, and that I don't deny, but I don't blame also. I usually think it's kinda selfish also from these who want us to stay, 'cause they want to have us around even if we are suffering.
    So these people suffer a lot to chose this way, then definetely it's NOT a cheap escapegoat. They suffered before the act what their loved ones will suffer before it. They weren't selfish, they were looking for what they think that were the best.
  3. DawnB

DawnB Well-Known Member

I agree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.