Disfigured ears.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Socialman, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Sections of my ears are filled with cauliflower. This isn't from fight, but from rubbing.
    When I was little, my favorite things to do were to play with my ears and suck my thumb.
    When I got older I still played with my ears. Constantly. The number of bumps increased from one to two in High School.

In College I ruined my only good ear. Now it looks like a curly, disfigured, protruding, mismatched abomination.

The truth is that every time I try to stop, I continue to do it subconciously. Sometimes they burn and the only way to make it stop is by rubbing them.

The doctors never drained them when I needed them too, and they are now permanent. By the time I was in college I knew what was wrong with my ear. I went to the doctor's immediately and he said they looked normal, but after a month the small bumps grew into huge permanent scars.

It will take $3000 to fix my ears.

I feel ugly and grotesque. It just eats away at my self-esteem all day.
  2. sdeemer93

sdeemer93 Active Member

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, and that the doctors didn't see how to fix this before it became permanent. If there isn't a way for you to get the money right away, maybe you can start putting aside like you're spare change? You could put all that in a jar and save up...?
    Hope you find a solution...and keep looking on the bright side. I'm sure there are good things about you. :) Keep posting here if it helps.
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

I know that saving up that much money will take a while, but one thing I found that helped was, every time I came through the door, I threw all of the change I had into a jar. It builds up so quickly. It is just a thought to try and help you.

People who judge who just because your ears look different are idiots who do not deserve you. I get where you are coming from with how you feel. I have scars that get pointed at and it makes you feel hellish. :hug:
  4. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

This is a real shame, I am assuming you live in the USA. My brother in law had this operation 2 years ago and it was available on the NHS, hence it was free. He did have to wait 6 months for it from initially visiting his GP. He did get a price for it to be done privately and it was £1000 through a BUPA hosptial.
  5. petersen

petersen New Member

Doctors never dry them when I need them too, and they now know that up permanent.I that will take a while are saving more money, but one thing I was helped every time I Doors found came through, I throw all of Dihapriverton I was in a jar.
  6. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Do you speak another language natively? I'm having trouble understanding your post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.