Disgusting semester ahead

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Krem, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Mondays, I'll have school from 8:10 to 5:20. That is disgusting.
    Throughout the week, I'll have sociology, 3 separate languages(Icelandic, Danish, German), and biology. (Also math and PE, but math is good and walking's nice)
    There are no physics classes, and no chemistry classes. Those two being the only ones whom I enjoy, and the only ones which I didn't fail last semester. Did I mention that there are holes? 1 hour spaces between classes which are wasted doing nothing, which only serve to lengthen the school day.

Languages screw me because I don't have the memory or motivation to learn them. I know no grammar rule, and the only reason I can speak&write English is because I've been exposed to it for so long. I COULD see the reason for languages to be mandatory (even though the school isn't) if it were required for further studying, but all educational books of any value have been translated to English anyway. Not to mention that we won't have the language skills needed, once we do all the mandatory courses in those languages, to actually have a conversation in that languages, or read a book made for people who actually understand them.

Biology screw me because I have not the memory to remember all those latin names, which are seemingly more important than understanding. I could answer most of the questions, but since they were not copy-pasted from the text-books or notes, I don't get a full grade. Knowing that a chemical is called [Whatever] is more important than knowing that i t does [Whatever]

Sociology is just.. not science, a complete waste of time, the teachers who teach it are hippies who worship Oprah and other idols of idiocy. So, I'm slightly biased against it.

The spaces between classes, of which I have 6, are not long enough for me to go home, the food there is more expensive than any shop I've been in which is not for tourists, the computers there are useless for anything other than fucking around on that Facebook shit, and the library is used for people to chat, and the librarians don't do anything about it. Not to mention the lack of entertaining books. These 6 hours only extend the school-week, making it more of a drag, making me less motivated, and thus a worse student.

All this, and only a single class which is worth anything, and that's math. Although I stand by that math is important, it's neither fun nor interesting (Except in physics). That PE I have, which is a single hour of walking at the end of mondays, is relaxing, but doing it at the end is a waste of time, since I'm walking home directly after that anyway.

Nothing which I'll be doing this semester, which lasts from Monday to December, is of any interest to me, only one class is actually worth taking, and yet all of them are mandatory for the NATURAL SCIENCE course. Because we all know that in order to do astrophysics, you need to be able to speak 4 languages, do a marathon, be able to tell the names of 6 proteins, and know that fashion trends are repeating.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

can younot change it around go in and ask to have some of the courses changed it is hard when you don't get subjects you want i understand that
  3. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Damn, I never knew there was a school in Iceland. I thought it was mostly deserted.