disgusting that I'm still alive

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I don't have any general knowledge. Once I learn something, it escapes me and I completely forget about. Ask me the plot of any movie I've seen more than week ago, and I will not remember, or if I do, I won't have anything to say about it. I don't have anything to say about anything. I used to pretend to understand things that people told me, but now I'm a loner, so it doesn't matter. I can't even remember to do the simplest tasks, I miss afternoon and evening classes because I'm sleeping, of all things. I might as well be in jail, but being dead would be better.

2. An Angel in Black

An Angel in Black Well-Known Member

***************************hugs****************************

3. Write it in a notebook, in your phone, in your computer so that you won't forget anything.

4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

This reminds me that I am also quite forgetful, I got a dairy but barely use it. It would be a great help for you, outofthepicture, to get a pocket organizer for now to keep important information in.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Is this a sudden condition, or have you had it a while? if it is sudden, you should speak to your MD about it, as it can be brought on by many different causes...if you have a problem which effects your memory, there are therapies to improve memory and/or quality of life...just my suggestions, J

6. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

You’re obviously on here because you have suicidal feelings but are you also depressed? The reason I ask is many people feel suicidal without being depressed.

What you are describing is one of the effects of depression. Trouble concentrating and memory loss are very common if you’re depressed enough. I know this personally. I used to be the guy that would study one day for an exam and then get the highest grade in the class. And I’m not just talking about multiple choice tests.

I’m talking about full essay tests in a history class where you have to write from memory, know dates, times, names, consequences etc.

Now I’m the same way as you, a shell of my former self. Its funny that you mention movies cuz sometimes I don’t even remember the names of movies that I've seen before when looking at a list of movies, much less the plot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.