Disillusioned....

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Mar 9, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Now I've seen a fair few things while being here. And I've also been told a few things that aren't so nice.

I've been:-

1) blamed for someone else's personal choice of actions
    2) told I should expect to be put back into my place
    3) dated and been ditched
    4) had my intelligence insulted
    5) called a stalker
    6) told I'm self-centred

So I'm having a bit of a blow out. Personally, the second one on this list is diabolical. The user who said it to me, I have no desire to converse with because I will only be verbally aggressive about it. They have zero right to tell me that, as they are also here for a reason, therefore not likely to be perfect. The same user also insulted my intelligence, yet seems to portray an arrogance of 'my opinions are always right'. You're human. Not a machine. You aren't gonna know everything.

As for being told I'm self centred, why would I try helping someone if I was?

Being blamed for someone else's choice of actions made me chuckle. I live in a different country to the one they said they were from, and unless they came to the uk there was no other way I could ever force them to take the action they tried to pin on me.

So yeah. The dated and ditched is just part of things that have happened since I've been on here.

I refuse to name names, which is probably the most sensible I can be. But while others may have different opinions, which isnt illegal from what I know, I just ask that you don't go making me feel like shit just because you disagree. All but the dating part of number 3 actually made me feel worse. And this is the first time I've said about it. Relatively calmly at that, considering how bad I really could have gone.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think on a website like this, tensions often run high, people have differents ideas about things and when someone is struggling they can often become aggressive and say some very hurtful things. There are many vulnerable people here, and many who may say things without really thinking about the consequences. I have done this myself, especially when I have been struggling. Also, being a chat monitor I often get abuse hurled at me and at times I am not very popular at all. But the thing you have to remember is, even when someone is getting personal with you, you have to let it go with a pinch of salt. You cannot take things personally on a site like this. You cannot let all the bad things people say to you turn you into someone bitter with a grudge. With all the bad things, there are good things. Look at all the friends you have made, all the laughs you've had in chat and more than likely, this website keeping you going offering the support you needed whilst you are going through bad times. Often the bad things take hold, but do not forget the good and do not become bitter.

3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I guess I was more trying to say that it's making me feel like I don't know if I should keep coming back, whether for myself or in attempts at being helpful. Partly down to some of the list above, partly down to overall attitudes of some others. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes, but do I deserve to be treated like a human or not?

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Of course you deserve to be treated like a human, but if people are insulting you, being rude and making you feel bad then you need to report it. Nobody is perfect but riling yourself up more with anger and bitterness is clearly not helping you right now.