Disjointed jottings

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Abacus21, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

For all the friends here, new or old.. Members here have come and gone, yet each of them leaves a blurred yet clear memory imprinted in our heads.
    Names merge into one, as do voices, as do words, but their contributions hopefully remain as clear and visible as letters chiselled into stone.

Of the many I can remember, who no longer frequent this forum, for good reasons or for bad, or for the supposedly, yet well mentioned and thought of 'unmentionable' - all of them leave a little bit of themselves, some would say their soul, behind in all those who they came into contact with. A hug is what I'd like to give to each one of them right now... virtual or real. Each one of them is special, as is everyone who is still here. But while those current ladies and gents are creating members, which blur and merge and whirl into the little 'SF Folder' in my brain, those who have left are fighting, one could say, for their memories to be recognised ... hence this post.

A lot of some of the sweetest, kindest and most adorable people I've ever met, have passed through this place - or I've met elsewhere, but all have had mental health issues. Society needs to become much more openminded towards those with MH problems...

Disjointed jottings, I guess this post can be called. It sure seems that way, feels that way to me. I don't want to re-read this, as this odd, yet nice, hazy sort of feeling will leave me. And I like this feeling. A bit spaced out... Mm.

Hugs to all who read it, if you can decipher it.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

*hugs*

I often wonder what's happened to people I've known on different mental health forums. There are people that posted for a long time and then drifted away, or people that only said a few words that left a huge impact. I think about them a lot and wonder how they're doing.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes hugs to those that have moved on from SF. To those that have left memories for all of us to treasure and still use as means of support and love. SF I still contend is a place filled with angels, each one there to "protect" another one. The goodness of one is passed to so many others and seldom forgotten by those that receive it. And then there are the ones that have been here from the start and still stay to encourage and pass along the goodness, right Joe ;).

Thanks to all the members past and present. You have been a life line to me.

R.I.P. Foundandlost1 (Gabrielle) your words encouraged me to put my own on paper and find a way to release them from my mind.

4. CPessimist

CPessimist Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that, even if you are my mortal enemy.

5. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: :hug:

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Nice thread Joe..I wonder also how those I use to talk to are doing..I wish them my best.. They know they can always come back if needed..

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

You know for me..not only do I wonder about the folks that have moved on, but I also think about my friends on forums I used to participate in. Heck I even ran a forum for awhile. I was a mod at another forum.

I just can't go back to that old life, so I dont visit those groups anymore. I always wonder how they are doing too.

Nice post Joe!

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are so many we wonder the fate of, and some we know. We will always have questions in our minds as to what has happened to those whose presense graced our lives. So often we hear from members that their lives are not important. that they are a waste of space. No one will miss them, etc. Well from my experiences, no one can fill the void left by their absense. We rejoice when people are no longer in need of the support we offer them as they have found their way back to an existence where they can survive. We mourn for those who felt their options had run out and they left their earthly existence. We remember them all. They offered what they could and then moved on. Farewell friends. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.