1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disordered eating problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by hopeless, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

i've had what was called disordered eating for a very long time, since i was 13 and i'm now 28.

the only way i've been able to lose weight is to starve myself and exercise. otherwise i couldn't take off inches and weight.

i know what the nutrisionists say, eat and exercise, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

i find myself falling into the same pattern as i did in high school. i haven't really eaten much in the past couple of days and i fear i'm falling back into the same pattern again.

the only problem is when i'm depressed, like i am now, i have a hard time eating anyway.

has anyone had a similar problem.
    how do you deal with this.
    how do you lose weight.

i'm trying to lose all of this baby weight as i just had a baby in april of this year.

2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I guess I'd say I have somewhat disordered eating too ... or at least something along those lines. I go through periods where I have 4-5 day long fasts every week, and I lose weight... but then I go through periods where I binge on everything in sight and I gain it all right back. Right now I'm trying hard to eat 'normally', whatever that is, and do reasonable amounts of exercise. I haven't been losing or gaining, so I don't really know. I'm sorry, I don't have much insight... but I figured I'd let you know that you're not alone in this. Gosh I hate food, haha.

If you want to talk, you can PM me any time. I probably won't be much help because I haven't figured it out (yet!), but I like to listen! :)

3. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I am the same. I go through times where I haven't eaten in 15 days. But my problem is I can see the weight loss without weighing myself. It disappears from my stomach and I feel my ring get looser on my fingers. Then I binge a bit. I actually feel happier when not eating and it gives me a lift when I see progress. I know this is not normal. I am seeing a shrink for grief issues and then she noticed that I lost a heap of weight and is lecturing me about it, at one point I told her to talk to the hand as I just am not interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.