disordered eating problems

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by hopeless, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

i've had what was called disordered eating for a very long time, since i was 13 and i'm now 28.

the only way i've been able to lose weight is to starve myself and exercise. otherwise i couldn't take off inches and weight.

i know what the nutrisionists say, eat and exercise, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

i find myself falling into the same pattern as i did in high school. i haven't really eaten much in the past couple of days and i fear i'm falling back into the same pattern again.

the only problem is when i'm depressed, like i am now, i have a hard time eating anyway.

has anyone had a similar problem.
    how do you deal with this.
    how do you lose weight.

i'm trying to lose all of this baby weight as i just had a baby in april of this year.
  2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I guess I'd say I have somewhat disordered eating too ... or at least something along those lines. I go through periods where I have 4-5 day long fasts every week, and I lose weight... but then I go through periods where I binge on everything in sight and I gain it all right back. Right now I'm trying hard to eat 'normally', whatever that is, and do reasonable amounts of exercise. I haven't been losing or gaining, so I don't really know. I'm sorry, I don't have much insight... but I figured I'd let you know that you're not alone in this. Gosh I hate food, haha.

If you want to talk, you can PM me any time. I probably won't be much help because I haven't figured it out (yet!), but I like to listen! :)
  3. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I am the same. I go through times where I haven't eaten in 15 days. But my problem is I can see the weight loss without weighing myself. It disappears from my stomach and I feel my ring get looser on my fingers. Then I binge a bit. I actually feel happier when not eating and it gives me a lift when I see progress. I know this is not normal. I am seeing a shrink for grief issues and then she noticed that I lost a heap of weight and is lecturing me about it, at one point I told her to talk to the hand as I just am not interested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.