Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by IDKwhatIwant, May 7, 2009.

1. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

I found out today, that Im disqualified from joining the military. because I have a GED, Im not worth processing. Because I admitted to receiving counseling, I have to return for a final evaluation. But because theyre no longer accepting GED applicants, Im no longer wanted. I thought because I went to MEPS that things would work out. now I have to explain why Im not enlisting.

I can return to college and complete the required hours, to register my college education in place of a HSD/GED. but Im a failure at school. I never make friends, no one talks to me, I begin to fall behind on my work, and I just cant afford it. Ive attended in the past on a pell grant, and nearly had to pay the full amount back to the government.

Im looking into driving trucks, even though thats not what I really want and i doubt ill be accepted. I have no accidents or criminal record. but again, i never win...
  2. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

was enlisting what you realy wanted? or was an escape or a way forward for you?

Im sure there are other thigns out there, aprentaships exc,, in other things,,,,

What is it that you realy want to do?
  3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear the military hasn't worked out so far. If that's what you really want try once more to through the classes you need to qualify.

I've known many truck drivers. They like the freedonm they have of not having someone looking over their shoulder and getting to see a lot of things they would never had seen otherwise. Things will work out for you! If you want to send me a private message, I always respond.
  4. IDKwhatIwant

IDKwhatIwant Well-Known Member

I dont want to do anything... so ill do just about anything.
    just no one wants me, unless im paying them, or working for free.

i did want to do the military. i spent 3 days at MEPS and passed all my tests. I just had to receive records, and be evaluated, for counseling. but since theyre not accepting GED applicants right now, im not accepted. without being accepted, they wont pay to receive the records,a nd without the records im incomplete. even if i could get a waiver, im still incomplete. so, its over, unless i have college credits, which i dont, and dont plan on getting.