Dissociative

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Starlite, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I know that some may know I haven't quiet acted myself as of recently. Truth is, I have dissociative identity disorder and it has caused some havoc in my life. I keep switching from one particularly mean alter to the next, so I have tried my best to remain very quiet about this and so wanted to reach out to you all here, but scared like hell to do so. I have literally tried to push people out of my life here for the fact of the matter is, most can't handle me being this way, i can't even handle it most days. So i remain quiet off to myself for the mere fact of being terrified!

When i am under a tremendous amount of stress it is alot worse and lately i have been.

I have found a good friend here who listens to me moan, groan, complain, yell, and puts up with my crap! You know who you are!!!!

I would like to apologize to anyone i have hurt , said the wrong things to, been mean to or the like! I deeply am sorry and I hope you will forgive me.

hugs
    karren

2. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

i think that they all understand....were in a suicide forum dont worry

3. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Karren. Always here for you. Please don't lose touch with the fact that underneath everything that is going on you are a kind, caring and wonderful person. You really don't need to apologise to anyone.We all have our problems. That's why we are here but you must try and allow yourself to be helped. We all need that help and you certainly deserve it. People do care. As always love and best wishes.:hug:

4. helena

helena Staff Alumni

Would say the exact same myself.
    Just take good care of you, don't worry about us or what you think you're doing to us :hug: :hug:

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thank you Christian!

6. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Simon, you are a wonderful friend and im glad i have you as one. I wish i could see myself the way you see me. Know im here for you always! hugs to you

7. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

what can i say, im a worry wart! thanks helena for your support, you are a good friend!

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I completely agree with Snowraven on this one. Yes, we all have our burdens and problems, and in that you are not alone, and they all affect how we act sometimes. Having alters can be very hard to deal with, and for you to open up and talk about this, that's very brave. I don't have alters, but I do dissociate a lot, so in some ways I can relate, and in some ways I can't, but my PM box is open if you do ever want a chat (or your alters want a chat).

x

9. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Thank you so much! And just so you know i have a difficult time calling you Scum! Because you aren't! I may pm you sometime, and thanks for the offer, and it works both ways, please know my pm is always open.

10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Just remember that a lot of people on here can understand that things are hard for people, and hopefully plenty more people who haven't posted in this thread will be accommodation and understanding too :)

Some people just call me S, so feel free to do that, and yeh, PM box is open :)

x

11. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

there is a very active forum in the web where people with disassociative and depersonalization disorder come together and share their experiences. I was there once when I had it. Can't remember the site though but there are thousands there. very active forum. maybe u can do a google search on it

12. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

im not sure i want another forum at this point. :sad: You said you was there once when you had it...did you have alters? if so, did you successfully integrate them? and how? if you would, please pm me sometime, i would like to talk to you more in depth!

13. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

These disorders happen when you have crossed the threshhold of depression i.e. another level where the mind starts to disassociate with reality as reality is too sad / painful and we become different 'people'. I can't remember much as it was quite a number of years ago but what I do know is that we can come back and be normal again. When I was there, I thought oh shit, how am I ever going to be normal again? I've gone crazy already. But a seveely disturbed mind can heal if given enough time to rest with peaceful situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.