Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by DarlingIAdoreYou, Feb 13, 2015.

1. DarlingIAdoreYou

DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

My best friend asked me to.be his valentine and of course i said yes c: but he lives in Canada and i live in the U.S. iknow has going to end up wanting to get into. Relationship. The thing is. I don't like long distance. But i would sacrifice for him. I just don't know what to do. Has everything i want in a guy. Any advice?
  2. w0lf

w0lf Member

Depending on his old both of you are I would say try to make long distance work until one of you can move to the other. If that can't happen, the only way I've ever been able to make a long distance relationship work is when me and the girl video chatted on Skype everyday for hours at a time. Best of luck to the both of you, I'll glad you found someone :)
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with the above poster, if you are willing to sacrifice for him then try and make the long distance work. Send him cards, letters, arrange to meet him (if you're over 18) for a holiday, use skype. If it is meant to be it will work out.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If you really care for each other, then you can't let distance get in the way. It won't be easy, but you can make it work if you try.
  5. Bert29

Bert29 Account Closed

Long distance relationship is not easy, there are many factors to consider to make it work.
  6. DarlingIAdoreYou

He's 15 and I'm 14.
  7. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

Go ahead. Every relationship can be a learning experience. You are both young and it is easier and safer to learn to give and take when there is some distance.
    The good news is because you are both young you can always move closer as you become financially stable.
    No relationship is cast in stone. You may find out this is very workable for you or in months or years you may move on. There is no harm in trying!
  8. brady6602

brady6602 Member

I am currently in a long distance relationship im 22, she is 25, i live in the UK and she lives in the US west coast. its hard. really hard we both have mental disorders which makes it exceptionally difficult, with my job im able to fly out at least once every two months to spend a week or two with her and it means a lot, but were currently in the process of deciding if we want to commit to this and marry so that i can move over there, my advice hold on, it will be so worth it, the way i combat this is she got me a journal, the first few pages she wrote everything she felt and i was to her in it, so when im lonely i read that and it makes me smile, she even put in a photogrpah of us two taken from when we first met. treasure it and whenever something bad happens escape to that place, honestly days go by, find something special and never stop speaking no matter what mood, were doing that and hopefully by this years end maybe ill be a married man...
  9. DarlingIAdoreYou

Thank you all for giving me hope.
  10. brady6602

brady6602 Member

I am actually jetting off to America to see my girl again tomorrow after a few weeks away.. lets see how it goes.... were still going very strong! So there is always hope.