Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dark&lone, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark&lone

dark&lone Well-Known Member

I know I havent been on here for 3 months but I just need to rant really. Im struggling a hell of a lot especially over the festive period. I found out 2 weeks ago I am pregnant, and that Social Services will be involved because my recent active suicide attempts and because my whole history. I dont know how I feel about that, however its something I need to deal with because I am keeping it regardless that umpteenth people keep on telling me to get rid of it.

My family have rejected me (even more than normal) because of it. My mum has come round slightly with it however my dad is being a asswipe completely. To conclude my mother was rushed in hospital on xmas eve, and she isnt well at all, and my dad is being a basturd to her, saying she's selfish because she's in hospitasl when she should be home. He is a wanka .

My emotions are confusing, I feel really confused, numb. I feel like Im not feeling anything, that I am looking at it from an external view, not from me. I have no clue what is going on.
    I really want to SI but I cant because I need to prove to Social that I am ok, that they dont need to be involved with me and child.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? Any about anything.. Im burning on non-exsistent fuel....
  2. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Hi Zoe,
    Sorry you're having such a hard time. Remember that being pregnant is going to affect your mood. The hormones will be playing havoc.
    If you've decided that you're keeping the baby then I think the best thing you can do is make good use of Social Services. By that, I don't mean hand the baby over, but use them to help you. They should be able to find you somewhere to live for example. I think you definitely need a place of your own as your home life doesn't appear to be wonderful.
    You also need to think of practicalities. Having a baby is hard work. Will you have any support? How are you fixed financially?
    What practicalities have you considered?
  3. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

I understand that you don't want Social Services to interfere with your life. They have resources, though, that can really help improve your life and the life of your child. Please don't see them as enemies just yet, at least consider giving them a chance to show what they can do to help you and your child.

And as Catherine said, pregnancy hormones are going to turn your chemical balances upsidedown as they work on producing a brand new human. Everything is going to seem different and seeking help will really help; an outside perspective can see things you aren't going to see as clearly because of all the changes you will be going through.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Zoe...another example is to consult your OBGyn and tell him/her how you are feeling...it is good for him/her to know...good pre-natal care will help both you and your baby get through this difficult time...with your family rejecting you and your mother's illness you have so much on your plate...no wonder you are feeling as you are...please get the support you need from social services, and know that they can provide more than just being 'big brother'...please keep posting and let us know how you are doing...J
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.