Distractions...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by not2serene, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not2serene

not2serene Member

Distractions...people tell me they'll help w/ the suicidal thoughts. It seemed to work today...for awhile, anyway. But, you can only distract yourself for so long.

I spent the day working on a project, one I'm not sure I'll even make it to, b/c I've been really struggling lately. The project's only a week away, but that seems so far. I feel so bad. I want to honor my committment, but part of me just doesn't care anymore. Once I'm gone, it won't matter anyway.

What got me to this point?

I've always been quiet, sad, & a loner. I experienced many years of abuse by 2 different men, my father & a man who lived w/ an aunt for several years. I'm now afraid to get close to anyone. I experience frequent, severe episodes of depression.

I have been hospitalized several times, once for several years in a state hospital. It's been hard to find any effective meds. I've also been in & out of therapy, but when I try to work on things, I freak out & things get worse. It's easier to avoid the painful memories.

I feel like I'm such a screw-up, a bad person who deserves to suffer. I want to make a difference in someone's life, but don't know that I have anything to offer.

I don't know if I can keep going on. Guess I'll have to find more distractions.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Therapy stick with it next time hun yes i too freak out and get low but unless you deal with the pain the past you won't heal get on some medication together with therapy you can heal hun you can hugs to you

3. ksmith86

ksmith86 Well-Known Member

I talked to a friend recently who'm I've known for years and he told me he was chronically suicidal a few years back. His doctor put him on Sertraline, he hasn't had any suicidal thoughts since. Though he says it did change him, he doesn't give a shit about anything anymore. Makes sense, he's one of the most laid back, chill guys I know.

His life has also improved tremendously since he got on it, he's now a ASE certified mechanic bringing home about $50k a year. It's like your emotions get in the way of your success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.