Distraught

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend of 10 years has said she’s had enough of me... we’re not kids I’m 61 and she is 58.... I have a problem with drinking... her mum is dying at the moment in hospital and the other Monday I went up the hospital at 10pm drunk... this was the final straw... she won’t see me oar speak to me and I have to move out of our home by midday tomorrow... I have never felt like this in my life and all my own doing...I don’t want to carry on without her...the feeling is absolute despair and nothing I can do... I have nowhere to go... both my parents are dead I miss them and just don’t know or who to turn too. Sounds like self pity?? Just desperation... I really don’t want to feel like this and want this to end.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Phil, im sorry you are going through such a tough time. Is there no chance of reconciliation? I think you should get help for your alcohol addiction. It ruins lives. Please go and see your doctor, they can give you medication to help you get through this situation and don't do anything drastic when feeling so desperate. I wish I had a magic wand but for now just keep talking, it will most likely help.

Thanks... no chance of reconciliation... really blown it...I hate drink I can go months without it but then nightmare...really has knocked me sideways...Distraught I think is the app word ... thank you so much for your reply

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey there , Phil, have you done any rehab before? Sometimes its a good choice to go to rehab to get your feet back on the ground

Wish I could afford to go into it...my life at the moment is horrendous... all my own doing... thank you so much for taking time out to read my thread...have to be out of my home by midday tomorrow...

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Phil :)
I'm really sorry that things have gotten this rough for you. I'm sure you are going to be busy moving etc. (I just moved myself, so I know how stressful that alone can be).
Please be kind to yourself as it's an easy time to beat yourself up with regrets. We all have found ourselves in bad positions created by bad decision making or choices. We truly understand here at SF.

Come and chat to us when you're feeling low so we can help and support you as much as possible. You are hurting and we don't want you to do that alone. It's a tough time but just remember that no one is perfect and we've all done things we wished we hadn't. Just remember that we are here and we care. Please look after yourself Phil :)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not sure where you live in but usually a 30 day eviction notice is required to give people time to find a new place to live

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Well Phil, a couple days on your own is a pretty bad time, you know? You've spent a long time with someone and it takes more than a few days or weeks to adjust to not having them. You realize that, I'm sure. Is there something you want to talk about specifically? We can chat.

Hi. You are dealing with a lot. The move could be a fresh start. A opportunity to set goals and become the kind of person your ex would want to be with. If it does not workout with her you will be ready when the right women comes along. Good luck to you

Don’t know where you are but it’s 4.22 in the morning here... and feels like my heart is dying... Thank you so much for taking time out to read my thread.. your words are so kind

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hi @Phil 121

It’s 3:30pm in Melbourne so I’m around. I’m a recovered alcoholic.. I had two episodes of acute pancreatitis in my 30s (I’m 44 now) so I had to do something about the drinking. I’ve fallen off the wagon many a time but it’s getting to the stage where I don’t even like the effect of alcohol. I see the pancreatitis as a blessing in disguise because alcoholism is a nightmare.

You must feel pretty terrible :( I’m here if you need to talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00