disturbing conceptions

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by diseased, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diseased

diseased Active Member

I've been thinking about suicide for a very long time. I don't think I would ever attempt it again because I failed miserably the last time. But these thoughts are hard to get rid of. Especially late at night when I can't fall asleep because I can't stop thinking. I always think about killing myself or at least wishing some terrible accident would happen so I wouldn't have to be alive anymore. I try not to but sometimes I can't help it.

I've been to numerous therapists but none of them have given me a good answer to my most important question. How do I stop these thoughts from occurring?
  2. SadDude1980

SadDude1980 Well-Known Member

My mind is busy like that too. Never stops moving, never stops analyzing and thinking. You're not alone in that feeling. Suicide isn't what's mostly on my mind though. Just how bad everything has gotten. :(
  3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that the therapists you've seen couldn't give you an answer to that question. I have to say it's a quite difficult question and I think the answer would differ per person.
    I used to think of that stuff you talk about almost every night as well, and I tried to suppress it through the wrong ways, which in the end only made it worse.

Perhaps you can see a therapist again, but adjust the question a bit? Start in small steps, and perhaps eventually you will find an answer to your question. Maybe you won't even have to find an answer, it might just fade away bit by bit eventually, once you're seeing a therapist and work on the things that are bothering you?
    Perhaps you should adjust your question to: why do I think about suicide? Because I think that once you work on that, you might start feeling better, which could cause the thoughts about suicide to fade.
    That's at least the way it was with me. I'm not saying I never think about it anymore, because I do at times, but it's gotten way less than before :smile:

4. diseased

diseased Active Member

I want to kill myself because I hate being alive. I'm miserable.
  5. Ugly

Ugly Active Member

I feel the same way, but as long as you are not ugly, I think you should stay alive
  6. dreamer

dreamer Well-Known Member

No therapist can help me either, its like im in a pit too deep for them to reach. I can see what their trying to do and say but its no use.

I used to spend my nights thinking about suicide too but now i seem to fall asleep because night time is my only escape from the world. Now I think about it in the day.

The only way to stop the thoughts is to investigate the source.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.