Do a group of strangers on the Internet really even care?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Libertine, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Libertine

Libertine New Member

Honestly I just can't be bothered any more, everytime I try to fix my life and make it better I just fuck it up and make it even worse. I can't do anything right so what's the point? If I killed myself nobody would actually care. Nobody. Not even anyone here. I really think if had enough I want out
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well to answer the title of your thread may I suggest, that you go through the other threads and posts here. Read them. See the responses to the pain in those woreds by the members that reply. how because they can relate to the pain that they offer heart felt support and care and even love to the ones hurting,. read the posts about how members react to the news of the loss of another member or members friends even. just a bunch of people on the internet. but in some place in this world they are real people just as real as you or me. please let the members here get a chance to know you a little learn what your pain and demons are. let them help. just because we do really care and want to help you feel like you have found one place that you can be you and are welcome in.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes, there are people here who really do care. :hug:

I understand those feelings of not doing anything right and of getting myself in deeper than I was before.

It might help to talk about what's happened to make you feel that way. Lots of people can relate, I'm sure.
  4. Libertine

Libertine New Member

I've just always been miserable. My family don't want to know me, my brother jokes about failed suicide attempts and tells me to do it properly. The one girl I let myself get close to left me and won't talk to me anymore. I just feel like I have nobody. I don't have any ambitions for my life, everyday just seems like effort that isn't even worth it.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum,

To answer your first question, I can't speak for other people on the internet but I do know that the members of this forum do care and would do anything to help a person who's feeling depressed.

I'm sorry your family and being so unsupportive when you need it the most. Perhaps they just don't understand you or understand what it feels like to feel as low as you're feeling. I'm sure they do care deep down :hug:
  6. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Do I care? Well, I have no idea who you are and probably never will; and within 5 minutes of posting this response I will probably have forgotten you even exist... but yes, yes I care.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Aww, Libertine, I'm sorry to hear how you've been treated. That can hurt so much.

Your brother sounds insensitive. Sometimes people who have not been depressed don't really understand.

You mentioned the one girl you opened up to...But she's just one of the millions of girls in the world. I'm sure several would love to get to know you. I don't think it's time to give up just because one girl wasn't the right one. The right one is out there. :smile:

As for struggling with each day and having no ambitions...Depression makes us feel that way. It might be an idea to see your doctor to determine what is causing your depression and perhaps see if anti-depressants are needed.

I hope you begin to feel better soon. Stay safe.

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Everyone cares here if we didn't care we wouldn't respond to anyones post.
    we care keep posting for support here okay. Im sorry your brother is being a jerk but that what brothers do sometimes they just don't get it. take care and keep venting here okay it helps

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

that pretty much sums it up. yes ppl do care. strangely enough, i actually have better friends on the internet than i do outside.

it is true that ppl on the internet have their own lives but so do the ones you see on the streets.

i think when you put yourself in a setting where ppl have been where you are.. it makes a big differance.

ppl care or they wouldnt waste their time responding.

i think you need to rethink THE WAY you have been thinking.

we make those statements that " no one cares". thats the frustration and anger talking. unless you have ever gone up to your loved ones and they flat out told you they dont care. you would be suprised at how much they do.

things get us upset and then the way we think allows everything to turn to crap. in time, with that negative thinking going on, we soon have no reason to believe anything else. we have already convinced ourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.