Do anti-depressants really help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by NightRain, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightRain

NightRain Member

I was on them from April-June last year, but I got sick of taking them.. Especially since being on them made me shake like crazy sometimes. >.<
    Now my case manager and doctor want me to back on them since the last few months I've been going way down hill..
    Do any of you guys take anti-depressants, and have you noticed any changes since taking them? And would it be a good idea to go back on different ones? :/
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The first antidepressants i was on made me feel sick but the second one i was on gave me energy help me actually see a bit clearer not so down it was wellbutrin xr it help decrease cravings as well so i lost weight it got me through some very very dark times If i had too i would go back on it You need to tall you doctor to try something different okay wellbutrin no side effects at all and i can stop them with out any ill effects just a thought
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

the first ones didn't help me but the second ones worked great. wellbutrin xl. nothing to lose by asking for something with less side effects. good luck.
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

If you find the right one for you and correct dose then yes, they can/do help.

The only benefit of going back onto ones that you have previously tried, is if you were going to work on the dosage.
  5. theaterfreak

theaterfreak Well-Known Member

i've been on them since aug and i take three different things and i really don't think they are helping. but i'm going to talk to my person and see if we can raise the doses or try something else.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

time to try a different med if this one not working tell your doc okay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.