Do family problems contribute to your pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.”

I was wondering how many people have problems communicating with their families? I wonder since the quote above says that suicide happens when pain exceeds resources for coping. How many people on here don't feel loved by the people who are supposed to love them? How many men and women don't feel a deep understanding or connection or feeling of love from their moms..or parents. I think that people who do feel this may have it better in life knowing that someone is there that loves them. But people who don't feel that don't have that everyday lift it gives you that makes them shrug off the bad things that happen to them.

I wonder how much pain starts at from the beginning of childhood that causes too much trauma for a person to be able to regain or become happy. I think that a person is only human and can only go through so much before getting traumatized for life. Like having problems with family and then having problems at school..then continuing on to having problems dating. I think all this adds up and i don't know how to reverse or get away from all the pain..when as someone in this forum put it "how can a pool of misery be worth a couple of breaths of happiness". And when those couple of breaths of happiness are so few and far between..how do you stay afloat swimming in a pool of misery without wanting to get it over with and drown. Where can you get relief swimming in a pool of misery when there is no one there to pull you out of the water. Life is miserable alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00