Do girls like metrosexual guys?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Do girls like metrosexual guys?

Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that’s where all the best shops are), is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade.
    The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference.
    He also likes to pamper himself with comestic product and whatnot.

Example : Ricky Martin, David Beckham etc
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

high disposable income - yes please but but thumbs down to the rest of it. I likes a country guy not a city slicker.
  3. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

I don't.
  4. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

That just sounds like a conceited bisexual asshole. :dunno: In my opinion, at least. Depends on the brand of asshole-ishness. Executed appropriately, I suppose it could be attractive.
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

God know it was like dating my mother.
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Being that one of the prerequisites of being metrosexual is money I would say yes woman like them.

But really except for that I think it depends on preference.

It seems a minority of woman like wimps though.
  7. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I couldnt date someone who is 'prettier' than me. Handsome yes but pretty! No!!!!
  8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

MUAHAHAH! :lol!:
  9. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Evidently, many of them seem to until they grow up.
  10. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member least he wouldn't have to pay to get his eyebrows waxed-- I could do it for him! Girl's home spa day!! XD

I don't know too many metro guys, honestly. All the guys I know are from the country~
    I wouldn't mind a guy who looks after himself-- but I do hate douchebags who wave their money around.
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

High income? Yes please ^^ but the rest? No! I want a masculine dude, not that kind of one that uses foundation (e.g :puke:)
  12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

oh jesus, you showed what happens when you have too much money....:lol!:
  13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

He doesn't even have that much money, he's mostly pretending (image). That's a fake Rolex, I can tell 'cause my uncle has a real one :D

Can't believe that he turns some girls on :S
  14. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

David Beckham is a metrosexual? Never knew that.

I prefer manly men who grow beards, value agriculture, enjoy fried pork chops with hot sauce, log, know how to repair things, play guitar, and men who wear black eyeliner.
  15. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Nope, I'm too much of a simple country girl to like that. I need a guy who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty with digging for fence posts and someone who knows how to use a wire strainer and can help me with 'farm' jobs.
  16. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

I would..
    It means he is responsible and likes to take care of himself
    now if its the cocky oh look at my sexiness type...then no.
    I don't like snobs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.