Do I belong?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Tam, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I'm not suicidal, I don't self-harm, I don't have a diagnosed illness, I'm not clinically depressed. I don't really fit into any of the categories on this forum, and I feel like a great fraud posting at all.

I just feel bad all the time, and I thought I could let out how I was feeling to people here. Only now I'm feeling like that's not ok.

I'm hopeless at giving support and even worse at giving advice. And I feel guilty if I don't take advice that people offer. Couldn't post this in Crisis, because it's not, I know I'll still be here tomorrow.

Don't really even know what I'm trying to say. Help.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You do belong. We're all here for different reasons, and if you feel that posting and talking to people will help you, then you should stay!

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes you belong saddness is very draining and coming here helps decrease that saddness and feeling of lonliness. Keep talking we care.

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You belong here just as much as any other member. There are members that only come to offer help and support. There are members that come only looking for support and advice. There are members that come here looking for and giving support and advice when they are able.

Everyone always thinks of suicide as being a physical action. Taking one's life. But suicide can also apply to your feelings and emotions. They can be "killed" just like the human body. And when a person is on the verge of that happening, you need to find people that understand and will listen. Well that's where you are right now hun.

As for not being able to give support or advice..... dont agree. When you post about what you are going through, another member might read that and say "wow, I could of written that, and I thought I was the only one or was all alone." Sorry but you've helped another member. Yep that easy. No one here expects you to have any degrees to just say hey you're not alone or hey read your post and sorry for what you are battling.

Please dont be embarrassed or feel awkard. No one here will judge you. No one will expect more from you than you are willing to give. You see everyone is welcome ( well except trolls unless they are giving the rest of the members a good laugh lol). Hun you are suffering the same as others here. So please stay. Please keep posting. Look you got me to post and that was one of the last things I had planned on today. Thanks for the support!!!

5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I don't know about the rest of those knuckleheads, but I am glad you are here! :p

6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

You came to the right place. Welcome!

7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for the kind replies.

Not sure I'm feeling hugely better today. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking talking talking and people just don't get it - sure there's a subtext to most things I say, an unspoken question or whatever, and maybe most of the time I don't even know myself what that question is.

That's bollocks too! Of course I know. Just too scared to say it, too scared to say what really matters. And even saying that is scaring me.

And even THAT has a subtext LOL. What the hell, I'll get there in the end.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're right; you'll get there. But at least you're talking. That's a start.

9. WldHair

WldHair Well-Known Member

I like what Itmanah said. I'm not suicidal either, but I have my problems and I simply can't speak about them to regular people. So if I can open up and then offer whatever to someone else, then it matters.

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yes!
    of course you belong!

and if you feel bad "all the time" that's probably depression. Something you might want to get checked out if you haven't already.
    :hug:

11. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Tam, you are most welcome here, whatever your reasons might be. Please do not feel guilty about inability to help others right now. Maybe it will come later, but it is NOT NECESSARY. We are here to help you.

Please stay as long as you wish.

Mike

12. Paradigm

Paradigm Member

I think it is good that you have found this place before getting suicidal, maybe that will help prevent it ever going that far :) I have only been here for a very short time and I already feel welcome.

// Paradigm

13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

This is not just a forum for suicidal people. All people are needed.
    I agree with the others in this thread.

14. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

:agreed:

you dont need to meet a list of requirements to be here, and if your down alot you probably do have some form of depression but just havent got it diagnosed depression is a many varied thing and is different for each person

15. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Gosh thanks so much everyone you've made me feel untold better.

(and now I feel like a saddo for having posted that in the first place, but that's a different thing entirely...)

:paperbag:

16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Tam you are very welcomed here!! I have read a few replies from you and they were sound..We will listen to you and support you..