do i deserve love when i'm depressed, and how would i ever find it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by under the mask, Jan 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My two last relationships didn't last, and they both send me deeper into my depression. But i feel so lonely... I just want someone to hold, and someone to love, who loves me back. But i'm afraid. Afraid of rejection, Afraid of, once again, to destroy a relationship and a woman. So i just stay lonely. I don't even know how to meet a sweet girl, or how to talk to her.
    Can anyone help with my fear of rejection, how to find someone, and how not to destroy everything? My Psychiatrist says i have to get better before i start a relationship, but i haven't gotten any better for the past couple of years, and i can't wait for something that may never stop.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

To be honest, I can see where your psychiatrist is coming from i'm sure he's said ''you must love yourself first etc..'' but you can do as you please, if you feel having a relationship will make you a lot happier go for it. I certainly would if I had the chance. Try and get past this fear of rejection, I know it is hard but you can do it. Maybe even try or whatever that site is called and see if you get any responses from your area. I wish the best for you and hope you find love, real love, it's rare but it's there :)
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Depressed or not, you definitely deserve love. Everyone deserves love. But as Petal notes, it can be hard to find if you are down on yourself. Perhaps you are trying too hard. One day a man walked into the jewelry store where my mom worked. Neither were looking for love, but they sure found it. How about thinking of the things you like to do. One's that can get you around people. A book club, bike club, sports, volunteer somewhere. Participate with the idea of meeting people, but not necessarily finding your love. If you get out there in the world, your love may actually find you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.