Do I have a drug problem?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by w0lf, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w0lf

w0lf Member

I'm kind of torn on this. I don't exactly know if I would call what I have a "drug problem." Thing is, I happen to like drugs, and sometimes alcohol. Things I do on a daily basis, things like acid, weed, I take my mothers morphine and hydrocodone, and occasionally some cocaine. I smoke cigarettes too. My friends make jokes about me being black at heart because I smoke Newports, because they're popular with Black people, and I enjoy the taste of malt liquor, but not things like Rum, Vodka, etc. But yeah, I do drugs on a daily, I don't know if I would call it a drug problem though? I use them because they give me a satisfying feeling and I become happy, only if for a short amount of time. I know it's not a permanent solution to the depression I suffer from, but I do whatever I can do to release some endorphins, in my opinion it's better than cutting to release endorphins.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I would say yes that you do have a drug problem. You are taking drugs to take you out of reality for a while. Hydrocodone and cocaine are hard drugs and dangerous. Is the hydrocodone prescribed for any reason? I do understand why people take drugs and have known many drug addicts, they sometimes brush off their addiction as if its nothing until one of their friends die. I think you should try and make life enjoyable without using harmful substances and therapy/rehab being the first stop. I saw you mention in another post that you are a minor. PLEASE tell an adult about your issue with these hard drugs.
  3. w0lf

w0lf Member

Yeah, the hydrocodone and morphine are prescribed to my mother for her pain. Not prescribed to myself, though.
  4. Petal

I know all about morphine addiction, my ex was a serious addict, it has ruined his life. Does your mother know you are taking her medication? Please do what you can to stop taking it. You don't want to look back in 5 or ten years and say I should have given it up when your body is suffering from the effects of the drugs. Or even worse, dead.
    Get help and get help soon my friend :hug:
  5. w0lf

w0lf Member

Thank you, and yes she knows but I tell my parents I'm not taking them which is a blatant lie considering it's just me, my mother and my father living in the house.
  6. Petal

There are other members here who have personal stories of addictions so hopefully some will reply here.

You are welcome and I wish you the best and hope you can find the strength to overcome this hurdle. :hug:
  7. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Seriously, I do hope you will get help before its all to late, young friend.

I've totally destroyed my life from drugs. I don't blame the drugs, nobody made me "use", I also used them as a "coping mechanism" to disguise my mental illness and depression. FYI - I'm not totally clean (yet) myself.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, I hope you will stop taking your mothers pain meds, as she must need them for whatever she is dealing with as far as her pain goes.

I do think you have a problem, and I wish I could turn back the hands of time, myself.

Again, I'm a recovering addict myself, so get help, please AA and NA are really a good place to start, and meet some interesting people. Besides, you wont feel so alone with those addictions.

You can do it, don't lose hope. It won't be easy, but, You deserve better!
  8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you are taking drugs and lying about it, and stealing your mothers pain pills that are prescribed for her for pain and leaving her to be in pain because you took them "for recreational use" then I really do not think there is much "if" to a drug problem. But you already know this, and perhaps are unsure how to ask for help dealing with the drug problem so phrased the question like you did?

The fact is you are doing these things on a daily basis yet find yourself on a suicide forum- that might be an indicator they are not bringing much to your life in the form of happiness or contentment. If you want help getting off the drugs then there are a lot of resources to consider but really the first is to simply try not taking them for a week and see if you are able to stop and which ones.
  9. w0lf

w0lf Member

Yeah I can say that I have a dug problem, but the real problem is I have no motivation to fix it. I didn't even fix it when it jeopardized my relationship, and now that that's gone the depression and drugs rules my life.
  10. Bert29

Bert29 Account Closed

I think you should get help from some expert/counselor or try to consult in some addiction drug center near your place. My brother is also a drug addict, but we already convinced him to admit in a rehab center. I know how hard it is for you to be in this kind of situation, I know because I saw how my brother suffer from his addiction. My only wish now is that he will recover from all of this, and also for you wolf, I hope you will be recovered soon and bring back your happy life. I look forward that your next post will be about your recovery, hope to hear more from you wolf. God bless you.
  11. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

You are definitely an addict. No ifs, ands, or buts. And I only had to read like 2-3 sentences of your post to answer that for you.
  12. Ne'er Do Well

Ne'er Do Well Member

You're basically already a junkie. Because 99% of people who do and have done what you have at your age, end up as hardcore addicts.

If you don't put the kabosh on your substance abuse immediately, you're most likely in for a long hard life spent in an out of seedy motel rooms and jail. If not worse.

Them's just the facts my friend. Because you asked.

Here's wishing you the very best of luck, you're going to need it.
  13. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Here's the's not that what you said is untrue per se, but the OP apparently doesn't seem to believe that he's addict. So, going one step further and calling him a junkie probably isn't the most supportive thing you could do. At this point and time, I can jokingly call myself a junkie, and don't get offended when others say it for the most part either. But there was also a point when I didn't truly believe that I was an addict either. And if you called me a junkie then, I would have felt insulted. Just saying.

And OP, you really need to start believing that you have an addiction problem. That's how most people who use drugs start out. They use because they want to mask their depression or whatever other problem they may be having. That's how I started out too. But you do get physically addicted to the shit eventually, and once that happens, your body craves it in ways it never has before. Just because you use occasionally does not mean you're not addicted or that you can control it. You can't and you won't. But unfortunately, there's nothing you're going to be able to do to help yourself until you admit to yourself that it's a problem and you have no control over it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.