do i have a mental disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lilyao, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilyao

lilyao Active Member

hey guys i hope you can help me

well, i want to know if i might have a mental disorder or disease, ill write my simptoms

well i havent seen myself in the mirror for 7 and a half months
    i hide my pictures
    i hate almost everything about me
    i freak out when someone stares at me
    when i go to a public place like a restaurant, or in the car i put my hands on my face so almost anyone can see me
    when theres many people around me i cant stop wondering what they say about me (im sure they dont even look at me but this is how i feel)
    well , thank you very much.

2. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

It sounds like you probably have a mental disorder. But..

In my psychology class today I learned that about one in five people have a mental disorder of some kind. It sounds like you have social anxiety and may depressed. We are here for you to try to help you. You can get over this!

Joe

3. bono

bono Well-Known Member

body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)?!?

Meet 3 girls in a mental institution. They were gorgious girls probably because they were so concerned with there appearance. But they all hated the way the looked causing depression in all 3, and social anxiey in 2 of them. They were also really into clothing trends, with Emo style clothing.

~Bono the uppity canadian with a floppy head and beady little eyes

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

We are not doctors and can not diagnose.

Like I mentioned in your other thread there is something that is common, and it could be that you have that. But I'm not going to post the diagnostic criteria because I would be concerned that you might subconsciously morph your symptoms to have that condition.

The best thing you can do is take that list of symptoms and go to your doctor.

5. lilyao

lilyao Active Member

thank so much , ill try to tell my mum and ill also make a list of things i feel , ill see if i can do something about this, i hope i get the guts, today i saw my forehead and i almost cry but i didnt, but i cant look farther from my forehead.

6. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

It sounds like BDD. But hey, I'm not a Doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.