Do I have a minor eating disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HippieHugsx3, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HippieHugsx3

HippieHugsx3 Active Member

I've been obssesed with my weight and always check the scale.
    The only meal I eat is dinner, & I only eat half of it.
    I've abused laxatives, and tried to purge. (I have no gag reflex, so it didn't work.)
    I feel guilty after I eat dinner.
    I don't respond well to criticism.
    I excercise frequently. I don't do it till I pass out, but enough to break out into a major sweat.

Would this be criteria for a minor eating disorder? :S

2. generic0x1

generic0x1 Member

My opinion would be not MAJOR.. yet. Sounds like you're on the verge of getting there, though. I do almost the same thing, just not as intense as you say you do. Abusing laxatives is most definitely a sign as well as the other things you mentioned.

It's normal to not respond well to criticism, but when you have guilt after dinner along with checking the scale and trying tu purge, etc, there's something wrong.

Before it gets out of hand, you should see a nutritionalist. "The best way to stop something is never to start."-- Are you overweight or absolutely gorgeous and worried you'll get fat? Or neither, you could be in between. I haven't a clue. I need a little bit more info to really help/fully comment.

3. HippieHugsx3

I want to get help soooo badly, but I just can't tell my mom.
    She'd over react, & committ me in an instant. : /

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

We are not doctors so can't diagnose or even speculate.

However, it does definitely sound like you're engaging in some unhealthy and dangerous behaviours, and I agree that going to the doctors is very important.

What makes you think your mum would get you committed? What country are you in? How old are you?

5. HippieHugsx3

I'm in the US, & I just turned 13 two months ago. She ignored me when I asked if I could go to therapy, so imagine what she'd do if I told her this. :'(

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Maybe print out your thread and show her, or maybe print it out and show someone at school?

7. HippieHugsx3

I'm pretty close to the school nurse and the guidance counselor. Maybe I'll do that...

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

That's sounds a great thing to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.