Do i have a reason to stay?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by whybother?, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

No1 loves me
    No1 cares about me

i know theres very few ppl on here who actually care but no offence u only know me via this site, not personally,

wats the point in going on????
  2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I care. I can only continue to exist if I know there are people who are the least bit like me. Why are you feeling blue specifically.

I really do care. And more importantly I get what feeling down is about for people like us.

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Man I need confirmation as to what I feel. I can only get that through you. More importantly we can help eachother. Have you seen the new Charlie Kaufman movie? It's the saddest movie I've seen in years. Only a suicidal person gets that. I don't mean to pressure you, but my life is in you hands.
  4. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

First, you have to learn to love yourself and care about yourself. You are important! Just as anyone else is. Ppl on here do care and i know it seems so impersonal but we get to know each other's hearts and that counts for alot sometimes. Do you have friends or family? Please feel free to pm me anytime, it's always open!

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey whybother,
    I know we don't know each other, but I have learned there are some really great people here on the forum who speak from the heart. In the outside world I don't speak to anyone but my therapist. I have socialphobia and am afraid to open up to anyone. My brother and sister try to get me to talk but I just sit there looking stupid.
    The people I have made friends with here are genuine. I talk alot here because I don't on the outside. Sometimes I think I talk to much! If you want others to care then you need to open up and talk about your problems even if you only PM someone and talk to them one on one. Take Care!~Joseph~
  7. whybother?

my friends and family couldnt give a toss about me, my dad today said that if i dont start lookin for a job they are gonna throw me out onto the street. Cheers dad as if i dont already have enough shit in my life atm he goes and says that. im just finding it harder to see wats the point going on if its just gonna end up shit :'-(
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey, have you tried explaining things to your dad? I know what its like when people just keep pushing and pushing you when you're already down. It gets way too hard to cope with. Do you have a therapist? :arms:
  9. whybother?

no1 apart from u guys know im this depressed and suicidal rite now, i dont talk to my parents becuz tbh i hate them, and i dont have a therapist becuz the nearest place i can go see 1 is about 10 miles away from my house and i have no way of getting there
  10. Twelve

Twelve Member

In a way.. some of our pains come from unnatural advancement of technology.
    For example, we worry about not keeping up with some new-iPod or something or other. Bad example. But while things such as the social world can rise above us.. so will the demand for online connection. The more souls needing to find solace, the more will find it in good places like this. I think a site can be personal in this day and age.
  11. professorh

professorh Member

Consider this. Its been stopping me for about 2 weeks, and it seems to be working. Do you believe in an afterlife? Really think about it. If you do, I can say that suicide seems more appealing because "Hell, I'm tired of living on this planet that I hate so much", maybe I can go to Heaven/Hell, Nirvana, get reincarnated as something different, so I do not have to live like this anymore. Thats one way to look at it.

The other way makes a lot more sense to me. What if there is nothing else and this is all we get? We get this stream of consciousness and then at the end it stops. Its over. You do not think, feel, or see anything. Everything that is your existence is over with. You're gone and that's it. And you sure you want to end your life that way? Hanging at the end of a rope? With a gun in your mouth? Knowing that you're thoughts, and your potential for happiness stops. A lot of people think suicide will make them happy or that killing themselves will finally make themselves happy. That's not true. When you die. You don't get to feel anything. Happy, sad, annoyed, complacent, tired, etc. You're emotions are all gone and so are you.

Don't kill yourself. It won't make you happy.
  12. whybother?

tbh i dont believe in a after life. im athiest so heaven/hell spirit world i just dont believe. the only reason i cant go on is becuz theres so much going on thats beyond my control. im gonna be homeless soon, no money and im leeching off my family who are sick of me and theyve said that.

im sick of carrying on with this shit life :(
  13. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Thats where sheer faith is required. Don't forget, you can't prove their isn't a heaven or hell either :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.