do i have a 'right' to be angry with them?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by xXxJJxXx, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxJJxXx

xXxJJxXx Active Member

im 16 now.

my parents were having a go at me for being an awful child. i really wanted to turn around and shout and scream at them for being awful parents.

ive SH for about 4 and a half years (wrists, never covered and many other ways)- they never noticed.
    ive suffered from depression for about a year longer-they never noticed.
    i tried to commit suicide twice- they taught they were accidents.
    they put so much focus on my weight i convinced myself i was fat. i started dieting at the age of 12, it soon got out of control and my weight plummeted- they saw no problem.

i cant tell them those things (for a start i dont think they'd believe me...). but every time i get angry with them i have the urge just to blurt it all out, even though i know i shouldnt. how can i stop myself from letting slip accidentally? and do i really have a right to be angry with them for my own problems?

2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

They don't understand you and are in denial of your problems. From that post I can tell they're the kind of parents to say 'Depressed? No way! Not my child.'

They don't want to face the harsh truth so you should probably tell them straight if you want them to know, otherwise they'll never know and keep living in denial, it could be love more than anything.

3. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

I can definitely relate to this. I turn 18 next month, and my parents have done jack shit for my issues. My parents even found my diary once detailing my suicidal feelings and cutting issues, but didn't do anything about it except have an extremely uncomfortable talk with me. It's fine for you to be angry, and yes occasionally lash out at them and blurt it all out. Acting on that, though, that's where it gets tricky

4. unnati

unnati Member

ok... just chill out and forget everything...
    start living new life... do u got me..
    u r just 16... (teenaged)
    its the fish things related to life.. which comes and goes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.