Do I have anxiety problems?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anonymousboy, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymousboy

Anonymousboy Member

When I am in a large crowd e.g my town centre I start to get little spazzams all over my body making me extremely concious, I try to do anything to take my mind off it by pretending to text or getting things out of my pocket and pretending that I'm doing something etc.
    I can't keep my head up straight in public becasue I'm just waiting for it to twitch and I feel like everybody is constantly critisizing me and looking at me and thinking I'm weird in one way or another.
    I'm like this whenever I go out especially in the town square where it's an open space :|
    Can anybody relate?
    Thansk :)

Will I grow out of this? (I am 16)

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Anonymousboy,

Welcome to the forums.

These muscle spams you are experiencing are likely to be mild panic attacks. You definitely sound as if you have an anxiety disorder. I can definitely relate. Your next step is to seek professional help for this, there are many cures for anxiety. You don't have to suffer.

:hug:

3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Yeah, the same thing happens to me if I'm in a situation where I think I'm being watched, or just walking along the street. It sounds like you have social anxiety, which is like a fear of being judged, of embarrassing yourself. There's lots of things you can do to treat it, your doctor could help.

4. Black31

Black31 Active Member

It definitely sounds like social phobia to me. It can be very distressing can't it? I do sympathise, I really do. The key thing to ask yourself is "what's the worst that can happen to me? if i look nervy and make a fool of myself and am laughed at, so what?" That's what i learnt through therapy anyway. Maybe it's worthwhile seeing your gp so you can be referred for therapy. It's best to nip these anxiety probs in the bud before they get too out of hand and become a real ongoing problem! I wish you the best of luck. xxx:biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.