Do i have eating disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Please answer me:)

Guess i was eating normal till i was 10 years old... then i start to eat as much as i can, until i wasnt sick... i eat so much that sometimes i even puke... between ages 10-14 i became fat, in 2005 i had over 100 kg... Then i lose over 30 kg from November 2005 to May 2006....
    I had 67 kg in Nov 2006... But then i got depressed in late 06 for 2 months and in early 2007 i had 73 kg.... in whole 2007 my weight was going from 72-79 kg... I never had stabile weight.... However, last 3 months i have depression again and i have over 80 kg!
    The problem is, that since i lose weight i eat very very unhealthy and most of the time eat as much as i can, lot of times i eat until i am sick... Always when i become fat for 5-10 kg, i lose weight again in next 14 days with eating less than 1000 kcal a day...

However this problems became severe in last 3 months... Every day i eat so much food... At least twice daily my stomach hurts me because of food... I also have problems with swalloving food, i just feel uncomfortable... And i feel so fat and ugly because of my weight... Always when i lose lot of weight my self esteem jump...
    After eating food I always feel guilty, sad and depressed...
    Today i even put finger in my throat and puke...
    Do i have binge eating or compulsive eating disorder or any other disorder?
    Ps: If you put your finger in throat occasionaly, can you get bulimia?

2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Your eaing habits are definitely abnormal and unhealthy

3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

You definately don't seems to be "normal" around food. But that doesn't mean that you have an eating disorder. The diagnostic crieteria for eating disorders are very strict. You might fall into the ED-NOS category but I don't know for sure. From what you've posted it seems you might be a compulsive over eater. (COE) But... you need to talk to professional about this. No one here, not even yourself can diagnose you with anything. You have to seek professional help. :hug:

I would advise you to never force yourself to throw up again. It is really nasty thing. Just don't do it. You don't want to go there.

And to be honest... with today's society your behavior isn't too uncommon. It is very unfortunate that our society believes you need to be thin to be popular or whatever. It is just so stupid. But I've known plenty of people who do a lot of what you do. Eating a lot (unhealthy foods), gaining weight, feeling fat, losing the weight in an unhealthy manner.... it is just so sad how common this behavior is.

4. sami

sami Well-Known Member

It sounds like Binge Eating Disorder, but you really do need to see a professional about this. Please don't make yourself vomit again, it really is an awful thing to get stuck in.

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thanks for advices:)

I will try to lose some weight on normal way:)

6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I should really be proud of myself...

It is actual amazing... pathetic...

In last 2 hours i smoked 10 ciggarets, cut myself and eat over 1000 callories...

Very healthy, isnt it?

I just dont get it... I dont know if I even have motiviation for turning things on better... sometimes i just feel like a big idiot...
    I am becoming so fat... But i just cant stop eat... Even if I do my best, i manage not to eat so much till 8 PM.... But then i turn into trash can for food...

7. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

It's ok to eat more than 1000 calories. I suggest you to calculate your BMR, and see how many cals should you eat. But it is definitelly more than 1000

8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Well but not in 2 hours.... I think that i eat more than 4000 calories today...

I shouldnt eat more than 1500-2000 daily...

9. sami

sami Well-Known Member

If you're restricting food during the day, it will always lead to a binge in the evening/night time. There is no way to escape it. Try eating 'good carbs' to give you sustained energy... or maybe devise a meal plan?

10. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I havent eat nothing today yet... I will try to not each much today, i hope I will manage...

11. Not ALWAYS.
    I managed to restrict quite heavily, almost not eating at all.
    I never binged in the evenings/night time.
    It can be different for other people.
    It can be very different.

People who are binging most of the time, may binge in the evenings if they restrict during the day.
    But I binged alot and I managed to not do it.
    So, it doesn't neccerssarily always happen or lead to a binge.
    :dry:

12. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

Ps: If you put your finger in throat occasionaly, can you get bulimia?

Mmm, that's not exactly how that works. So no, absolutely not. You're not bulimic if you occasionally stick your finger down your throat, and you don't "get bulimia" by doing so.

The way to do it is not to eat nothing. You can't go from overindulgence to eating nothing automatically, that will just seriously throw off your body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.