do i owe them?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by taranama, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

so lately i'm feeling like i owe people something who help me through a tuff time or cheer me up....... like...... i don't think i do because they're my friends, and thats what they're there for, but i do owe them something...right?

so then, i think that when i do end up feeling down again, and i get depressed and cut my self that i'm letting them down, and almost being selfish, or like.... just a complete bitch, and that i'm worthless and i don't deserve their time or friendship.

sorry if this doesn't make sense, i'm really messed up and i'm not able to string sentences together too well.....

2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

it does make sense, i think you should owe your friends back.

i didnt realize it before i met this girl but once you start giving, you start getting

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I don't see things that way. If your friends love you they'd understand and wouldn't feel, "Gimme something now, I gave you something!" If someone helped me I'd just make sure they knew I appreciated it and they've helped me and that they are important. Just a heartfelt thank you is enough? If you're ill yourself you don't have to give things to other people if you can't- try not and harm yourself about it. Maybe you feel that way because you feel you don't deserve the help your friends have given you?

4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

it makes sense to me and i understand because ive been in a similar situation.

ive tried buying friends and got ripped off and abused because of it and its not a nice feeling at all.

one of my true friends quizzed me about it and he knew i was in a bad way and told me i didnt need to buy his friendship. i knew i didnt need to because i realise he is a real friend but i didnt know of any other way i could thank him and tell him how much i love him except to give him money and treat him to stuff.

you say that you are worthless and don't deserve their time or friendship and i feel the same way as you but my feeling is that its upto your friends to decide that for you. they have decided to be your friend, you dont really get to decide what choice they make.
    (i hope this bit makes sense)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.