Do I Really Need This Forum?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forgotten_Man, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

When I was in college I came to this forum. However, I cannot help but feel this is a futile effort. I come here, rant, then I do not take the advice of others. Really it is just like talking to myself or a wall. I mean I am constantly planning my suicide. I am just waiting for the right time. That time will be the next time I am living on my own. Once I have ditched my annoying roommate. I will find a small studio apartment. Live there while I pay off my credit cards. Then kill myself, I am not going to get better. Yet I continue to be on this forum.

What am I doing here? Why do I waste the time and disk space?
  2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Well for starters you are not talking to yourself but to others who have an understanding of what you are going through because we too have been there or are still in a similar place.
    Maybe one day a word or a sentence will break through your negative thoughts and make a difference.
    Continue to reach out to your peers here, it is never a waste of time or disk space, while we still breathe we have something to work on no matter how deep it is buried within us.

Take care Hazel
  3. Forgotten_Man

It just feels so futile. Like I said I am just waiting for the right time to kill myself. There is no cure for me.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes there is a cure but you have to open your eyes and your heart to see and feel it. You have to reach out to get the healing to a professional to people here who know your pain. Get and keep getting support to see that some days you can actually see the light and feel the warmth You and no one is a waste of space noone everyone matters everyone is worth the fight I can hear your pain and feel it there is healing for you find a therapist to help okay keep fighting for okay your worth it
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Keep reaching out. At some point, someone may do or say something that impacts you and may make a difference.
  6. Forgotten_Man

A blind man opening his eyes cannot see anything. I am a lost cause. Best to just kill myself, instead of feeling regret. Regret that I wasted my life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.