Do I....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravens

SF Supporter
Do I have to know what I want out of this life, or do I just need to pick anything and start working towards it?
I need a goal but I have trouble committing to just one. I need to look forward to something or else Ill keep getting worse.

Decisions, decisions... :noidea:

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
You don't necessarily have to have a plan set in stone, just do things that you enjoy doing and not worry too much about goals.

ravens

SF Supporter
TY Witty. I often try to plan my life out in advance, like life works that way(sarcasm). I will try to live in the moment more but with more generalized goals than specific ones maybe. I dunno

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Sometimes it's good to plan things out, but life doesn't always work that way, so it's good to just be spontaneous at times.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I am a fan of "evolving goals" - having a purpose or something to work towards is important - but allow it to change as you change and build on experience. A lot of people begin university with a major and change it as they learn more on it as example - it does not mean they failed in other goal - it evolved.

emily83

some people never know, they never know what they want, really.

just refer to the soundtrack to avenue q- the last track on their" only for now". prinston can't find his purpose, and the others are like... well, who really knows why we are alive?

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
I think you should think about where you want to be in ten years. You might not get there and what you want might change, but it will set a template for what you could be doing today in order to get there. Start and see where it takes you.

ravens

SF Supporter
Thanks Prin, I have thought and have a general idea. I am worried about getting a degree then finding out I hate that job, but I guess a lot of it depends on the company and who you work with. And lots of people hate their jobs, not everyone can be so lucky, i need to be real.

You can analyze situations well I have found, Prin.

morning rush

I've realized that I tend to make loads of goals and then I see there are so many that I get discouraged before I even start. So now what I do is take one thing at a time. I focus on that thing and then once it's done, I congratulate myself that at least I did that...and then move on to another goal if I can....

not sure if that could work for long distance goals though...but I guess it's a start right? :)

ravens

SF Supporter
Morning rush yeah I def need to work on taking one thing at a time. I will be thinking 3 steps ahead when I havent even started the first step! Why must I feel the need to plan my future, instead of going with the flow more.

Flowers, what I am interested in? If money were no object I would be doing something involving sports or active living I think. That is my true passion in life. In high school though I always did well in math and such. Have thought I would be an engineer from a young age. I do not enjoy learning calculus but physics I like more. I know a lot of the time people dont enjoy school but enjoy it more once they are employed doing real work not just theory crap, I hope this would be the case with me. I think I will pursue the degree, and I could probably be like a ski guide or something if I found out thats what I really wanted later on. I think getting a degree would be good for depression too, its been so long since ive followed through on a big goal, get some confidence back maybe.

morning rush

those are great goals :) I'm a sportive kind of person myself. I would love to do things but don't because I'm overweight. I would love to try rock climbing for example. Also I don't really have anyone to do those things.

I was pretty good in math too in adult education...before that, highschool, I sucked because,well, abuse in the home but once I was in foster care and going to adult ed, it was so much better...

anyways it's okay to prepare your future, just watch out not to get stuck in the process :) but you sound like a good organized person :D

flowers

some people would suggest imaginging yourself doing what is your heart's desire. But imaginging it through your heart. I am not suggesting its the magic bullet. But it is part of manifesting. The trick, as I understand it, is imagining it through your heart. Supposedly doing it through the mind doesnt always bring the same results. Is that something you might be interested in trying as a first step? Working on it that way? It might just bring you to the next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00