• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Ideas & Opinions Do my thoughts sound like bipolar to you?

During the day, every day, I have random negative thoughts and mood swings that can be pretty extreme.

In general I can function quite well, I work on my tasks, and consider myself moderately happy, but suddenly a distant memory comes up of a situation I imagined I made a mistake and immediately after that I blame myself, get feelings that I'm worthless, or get suicidal thoughts, or think I'm an idiot, ugly, unlovable. This happens randomly during the day, some days more, some days less, for years. If I get in arguments with people important in my life, like my dad, it can get much worse, but overall its just random.

While I feel somewhat happy in general I don't get random thoughts that would push me the other way, to be extremely happy, euphoric, just negative, and I am pretty pessimistic about most stuff in life, but accepted my pessimism just as reality, not bothering me so much. I am 34.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Seriously, I still don't know what the heck 'bi-polar' means.

Those memories? They're just leftover stories about the people you used to be.

Who are you today?

Seriously, I still don't know what the heck 'bi-polar' means.

Those memories? They're just leftover stories about the people you used to be.

Who are you today?
I know in theory it should be like that, but I can't help myself, they just come, cause these negative thoughts, and go away, and again and again, different but similar every time.

Today I don't feel like I am that different than in the past, and I don't feel like its something I can truly change, maybe just some small insignificant aspects.

MisterBGone

No, in my “unprofessional opinion!” (But there is nowhere near enough info to go off of here..;)) best bet would be to go in for an evaluation by a good / strongly recommended psychiatrist (no disrespect; but I wouldn’t trust a GP/PCP’s word on something as serious as this - & easy to get wrong; or mistake for something else ~) :^) peace ✌️ & good luck 👍

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00