Do not let me talk myself out of this..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Now gay pride is also here this weekend... I've convinced myself to go. I will be facing 2 things that I have not done so well lately... Being outside and crowds. And I know it will lead to anxiety issues... I have to do this though. I haven't been anywhere in months besides work and running errands. I'm definitely freaked about it. I NEED to do this. I NEED to ignore the voice in my head telling me not to go. I just have to get it together and just go. I have to start living my life right? Get out of that house and actually do something....

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

You have my support Josh...which days are you going so I check in with you and urge you to go..I am the same way so I will be on your butt about this and not let you sneak out of it...It will be so fun!

3. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You should go. If anything, just leave if it gets too much.

4. ZombiePringle

I will likely be going everyday (friday night, Saturday and sunday) And I will have my phone with me so I actually will access to SF.

5. ZombiePringle

yeah thats my plan.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Bringing your phone is a great idea...if you want I will give you my number and you can text me if you're needing support...

7. ZombiePringle

8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

yes u have to go!!!! and gay it up :D ...do u have anyone to go with as well?? that might help the anxiety a bit...but I want pictures!!! of ur adventure in pride ;)

9. ZombiePringle

Nope don't have anybody to go with. Well I'll be going with my ex and my daughter but I'm not hanging around her at all... Heck maybe I can meet somebody new there. I am excited about this but still freaking out quite a bit.

10. ZombiePringle

see...I knew this would happen... I'm sitting here at work starting to second guess my decision on going to pride. Is it really worth putting myself through? I'm comfortable enough just sitting at home away from people. Do I really need to be outside in a group of people just to have fun? I can have fun at my house without the anxiety....

11. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Pride events are ALWAYS fun. I find that even though I'm nervous and panicky at first-- everyone is just so happy and energetic that it brings me up too.

I think it's a great idea! You have to go! :D just try not to think about it a whole lot, or you'll end up chickening out...

12. ZombiePringle

Yeah you're right. It will be fun. I'm just worried about going... Worried about if it will be worth it. I guess maybe I've convinced myself that staying inside all the time is the best way to go but when in reality its not I think so anyways... I just know its been months since i've done anything "fun" outside of the house.

13. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Sure hope your having fun right now at Pride...

14. ZombiePringle

ummmm........

15. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

What gives?????

16. ZombiePringle

*is still hoping to go*

17. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

oh good please dont deny yourself this fun Josh ...it is gonna be a blast so don't let fear take over..

18. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It'll be worth it, I'm sure.
    You really should go- if there's still time to.

19. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Just checking to see if you went and how it was...

20. ZombiePringle

I did go but when I got there I found out it cost money to get in (which it hasn't the past 2 years) so I couldn't actually go since I couldn't go. But I did find a family thing going on somewhere else that was free so I took my daughter to that then went to the park. I might try and go to pride today since its free.