Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) forms - UK policy? Help please!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by muleoftheeast, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muleoftheeast

muleoftheeast Member

Im not here for sympathy nor a shoulder to cry on. I am a 22 year old male and I am so tired of constantly being depressed regardless of any environmental factors. I could go on about whats led me to this point but I'm sure you've heard it all before, low self worth, confused sexuality etc etc.

I have settled on the idea of a <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> suicide as it seems the most painless and ideal way out given my circumstances. However, the only issue is if I screw it up, I really do not want to end up in a vegitative state for the rest of my life nor suffer brain damage etc.

My Grandmother obtained a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) form recently from her GP (Doctor) as she's in a bad way and isn't gunna get any better. I just want to know how to obtain such a form without ringing any alarm bells. Im led to believe that only the patient themselves can give informed consent regarding this matter (providing they are of sound mental capacity as defined under the Mental Capacity Act 2005). Does being suicidal mean that I am not of sound mental state? And therefore unable to issue myself a DNR form?

If there is anyone out there with a background in mental/physical health who could advise, I figure its not a great idea to discuss this with my GP (who I have already spoken to regarding my depression, his response was just to drug me which didn't help at all).

So yeh, DNR forms, any help? Can I download one online and just keep it in the room with me when I come to do the deed? Or does such a document have to be signed off by a GP/Physician?

Any help much appreciated!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
  2. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Muleoftheeast, this is a prolife forum, and no one will give information on how to complete any action of suicide on your part. What we will do however is to help you solve your problems. Welcome to the forums. We hope that we can help you in anyway that we can. *hugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.