Do Not Worry *religious*

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Esmeralda, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

He said to (his) disciples, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life and what you will eat, or about your body and what you will wear.
    For life is more than food and the body more than clothing.
    Notice the ravens: they do not sow or reap; they have neither storehouse nor barn, yet God feeds them. How much more important are you than birds!
    Can any of you by worrying add a moment to your lifespan?
    If even the smallest things are beyond your control, why are you anxious about the rest?
    Notice how the flowers grow. They do not toil or spin. But I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of them.
    If God so clothes the grass in the field that grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?
    As for you, do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not worry anymore.
    All the nations of the world seek for these things, and your Father knows that you need them.
    Instead, seek his kingdom, and these other things will be given you besides.
    Do not be afraid any longer, little flock, for your Father is pleased to give you the kingdom.
    Sell your belongings and give alms. Provide money bags for yourselves that do not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven that no thief can reach nor moth destroy.
    For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.
  2. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Huh? I'm not sure if this post belongs here...
  3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Well, the Soap Box is the forum for starting discussions, serious or not so serious. One need not reply if one doesn't have interest in the posted subject.

4. left behind

left behind Guest

if this passage was translated from bible text into a couple of lines of wisdom and advice then i think that more people would possibily bother to think about what it means.
  5. Luke 19:27

"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them,
    bring them here and kill them in front of me."
  6. Syd

Syd Guest

Yeah, no thanks. An 'inexhaustible' treasure would lose its value in time. There can be no pleasure without pain to balance it, happiness is a product of the human mind. The idea of eternal happiness is of course flawed, and if such an existence were possible it would soon degrade into eternal boredom and monotony.
  7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

I don't doubt that there is a Higher Power. However, even though I was raised religious and I so very badly want to believe it cares about us, I don't think it does.

In my case, it seems to me that there are two options: God don't give a shit, God is an asshole. The notion of a loving God is just well absurd, and this board is a testament to that.

See, now I feel like I have to worry about going to hell. That ain't right.

My question is, Where the F&%$ you at God? There are plenty o folks suffering down here.
  8. Funny how Christians will only quote the beautiful, poetic verses from the Bible
    but steadfastly avoid the verses that describe God's murderous wrath. Enjoy this example of biblical wisdom.

Hosea 13:16 "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be
    dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." :eeew:

What a beautifly worded passage, I can almost smell the blood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.