Do people wounder about you?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GraySky, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraySky

GraySky Member

Like ask you how you're doing? People ask me that a lot, not in the polite way. More like the concerned kind of way. I don't think I look/dress like the kind of person people would assume to be depressed but I couldn't count how many times people have asked if I'm doing ok. I suppose I should be glad I have people around that care enough to ask but it's still really.. awkward?

I guess sometimes I say things that shadow how I'm really feeling but I didn't think it was that obvious. What do they think I'm going to say anyway? "Yeah, I wasn't going to come in today cause I was planning on killing myself but I'm doing ok."
  2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

My family loves to ask.... My friends love to ask.

My usual answer is "I am doing fine.", its amazing how four little letters can get people off your back!
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Yeah they do. Wouldn't it be a shock to give them the truth just once? It can be so tempting at times, but then I know I would have to explain. Don't want to go there at all.
  4. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

No, they dont ask. My family knows that Im depressed, but they know that i will not tell them anything, so probably thats because they dont ask. They do sometimes, in rare situations, like, what are you planing to do in the future or something, but... And friends? No. I dont know, they maybe cant see how I feel, or they dont care, or maybe they just dont want to heard the answer. Anyway, I dont think that I would tell them the whole truth even if they ask.
  5. silver76

silver76 Active Member

My wife quit asking. She knows i won't get better so why push the subject. She knows i can't seek help too. One time she was truely concerned so i answered her honestly. It scared the hell out of her. I went on a 72 hours vacation. But already knowing the right answers to their questions, I was out with a clean bill of health. So nobody askes anymore
  6. onlytime

onlytime Member

never. that's what scares me the most.
  7. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Nobody ever worries. If they do ask, I just continue my facade of happiness.
  8. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

"You don't look well lately. What's been up? :unsure:"
    "Oh, I'm just tired. Too much partying, not enough sleep!!! :laugh: How're you liking your new car/boyfriend/girlfriend/school/apartment/job? :smile:"
    "Oh, a lot! It's good! Actually, just last week I...:talk:"
  9. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

Yup but I don't even answer.:tongue: I really don't care. Actually the only time I do answer is at work so no one there snoops on me.:laugh:
  10. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

People ask but I don't think many of them are sincere about it.

I don't know if they do. Sometimes I feel like they don't care at all, sometimes I feel like they are people I can talk to(but I never do).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.