Do psych wards allow smoking in WA?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by /dev/null, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /dev/null

/dev/null Active Member

Long time no see. Whats up..
    Need to know if I have to smuggle my smokes in & use them for chew til I adjust.. don't want to snap cus' security wards really suck...
    Kansas has some stupid smoking ban thing... Don't know about washington (state).

2. shuddertothink

shuddertothink Well-Known Member

To my knowledge they have banned smoking in all of them, but you can check with all of them and find out for sure. I do know that once in a while you can find one that will allow you to go outside for scheduled smoke times.

3. /dev/null

/dev/null Active Member

Thought so... figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.. thanks.
    Looks like it's time to start cutting holes in the bottom of my shoes under the soles... ha..

4. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Washington (so i'm sorry if thsi post is totally useless) but the one I went to in RI banned smoking, but they made sure to have nicotine gum available because it was an issue with a lot of patients. I would imagine most psych hospitals would have a similar policy..? If its going to be an issue you have every right to ask. good luck

5. /dev/null

/dev/null Active Member

Yea.. KS had gum & patches too, they just don't do anything...
    Had to have to through a bunch of hoops to get approved to go to off unit classes, pick up old rained on snipes from outside when the staff wasn't looking after being dropped off by the bus, dry them above my light, chew apart a pencil, use the led to light toilet paper w/ a light socket, use the tp to light the horrible toiler-paper-wrapper rollies and smoke them in the shower......... yea.......

Never got how throwing people into a nicotine fit who are obviously in there for more serious reasons would benefit from going crazy from nicotine withdrawals as well...
    Even drugs are easy to quit if your not around them... Nicotine isn't. Ugh... end rant.

Anyways, point is, not going through that much hassle again if I can be prepared this time... Thx for the suggestion though.

Wonder if anyone knows if they will just send you to long term if you sit there long enough w/ no improvement?
    Kinda my goal here..

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

in toronto you get up to a week in short stay before they move you to the long term ward. prob. the same most places. good luck!

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I'm actually in Kansas.... Was in a Psych Ward for a couple weeks and we couldn't smoke... they gave us nicotine patches. Don't know about Washington..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.