Do something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendless

Post something you've always wanted to do... and do it!

I've been meaning to learn how to blow smoke rings, read tarot cards, and hula hoop. I checked out some books from the library on tarot and as for bigger goals, I've always wanted to leave the States (I've never even been to Mexico or Canada) and I'm planning a trip to Africa this summer. Anyone else?

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
In my case, the new thing I've done was buy a boomerang. Good thing that I had already previously learned that a cross-piece version is better than the well-known V-shaped one. It's too bad that most people know about only the V-shaped version and so they get frustrated when it doesn't work for them at all.

Of course,even with the cross-piece version, it doesn't return to me every time. But, surprisingly, that does not disappoint me because with the boomerang the failures paradoxically make it enjoyable. Why? Well, because the failures to catch the boomerang shows that it has a character, that's it's alive.

In that strange way, it teaches me a valuable lesson...that failure is just as enjoyable as success.

By the way, since you mentioned the tarot, there was so many different decks. So which deck do you use? And why? What deck you chose, can already tell you something about your character.

friendless

I just checked out two books from the library for beginners a couple of days ago and I still haven't gotten a chance to read them. I don't even have a deck yet but I'm looking to buy the Universal Waite deck because it seems to be the most commonly used and in my imagination the most basic. I figured that once I understood how to use them I could explore other decks that are a bit more artistic.

Boomerangs sound like fun. They say exercise helps depression and insomnia but I'd say I'm too lazy to take it up. My husband and I took up kites last year and we look like the biggest dorks when we go to the park but it's all part of the fun, just like 'failure is just as enjoyable as success.' Good not to take yourself too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00