Do suicidal people beleive in God?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by jamie20m, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamie20m

jamie20m Well-Known Member

After the shit im going through im starting to question my beliefs. Anyhoo, do you beleive in the allmighty? *please dont close or move this topic*
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes I still do but my beliefs differ from those of many money hungry churches and "organized" religions anyhow.
  3. ckalex8508

ckalex8508 Member

I know that it is very hard to believe or to keep believing in the almighty higher power. I have attempted suicide almost 10 times in 9 1/2 years. I begin to question my belief in God I often question him why did he left me live and not let me die. I question him everyday that I live. Here is a quote that keeps me going strong when no one wants to help or believes in me.

" Anyone who suggests that coming back from suicidial despair is a straightforward journey has never taken it."
    --- Kay Redfield Jamison 2000

You see there are those who have been there and done that and survived and still holding on to that belief in God is very hard, but its always worth the while, we who understand each other need to stand stron and keep our belief in God Strong, even though we question him.
  4. peachswirl

peachswirl Member

Nope. I've never believed in any gods. Don't see any evidence for one... in fact, I see more evidence to the contrary more than I see reasons to believe. Faith is one thing I've tried my best to steer clear of. Believing in things that have no evidence makes people vulnerable to believe anything anyone will ever tell them.
  5. "HIM" - Why is it always HIM?!?!?!?!

JEEZUZ H. Fuc*ing kerYst - why is it always 'HIM'?!?

Seems to me that The Fish Stinketh From The Head Down! And every last little thing that has ensued from that preposterous assumption/stance that males are/and have been solely in charge - in writing, interpretting and enforcing the rules (nevermind acknowleding profound personal spiritual experiences in BOTH realms - yet ONE side perpetually denied) - the poorer version embraced by ALL Mainstream Religions - is about as LOST as we can can GET!

You wanna follow THAT?! Think you're safe??

Forfeit your souls, ya' wooses!!

<edit> Sorry for rant -- I'd Rather be REAL with those I may loose (and I have), than bum-f*ck them with platitudes (which I've had more than my own fill of...)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I imagine some do and some don't. Many people who believe in God fall into despair. They are no exeption.
  7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I do, but I don't follow organized religion.
  8. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I used to believe in the Easter Bunny too.
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I believe in a Supreme Being, a creator of life and the multiple dimensions/universes. Do I believe when I die my "soul" will travel to a blindingly beautiful place where I will meet and be with eternally all who I loved in this life including pets- naaaah!
  10. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

One of the only reasons i'm still here
  11. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

i believe that there is a god, but i think conventional religion got it wrong. so i guess i believe in spirituality....but not religion.....
  12. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Why not? It's not like it's anything approaching the only topic on this exact issue in the Soap Box. Seems like there's a new one every fifteen minutes or so. You wouldn't have had to look far to get the answers you seek.
  13. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

Nope. I don't. Personally, I think it's a load of bollocks but that's my personal opinion.. so don't send me hate mail lol.
  14. Boratz

Boratz Well-Known Member

Maybe the question should be. Is God suicidal when he/she/it
    decided to create the earth?

My guess is ,God is stoned. Fuck ,man, is it that important whether god is there or not? Why do you need God in your funeral?
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I believe that God loves us beyond comprehension and he loves us so much that he gave us the decision whether we want to be with or without him.
  16. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

I believe very much in God. I don't believe so much in a book though, something that could've been re-written and randomized so many times.

Don't get me wrong though. Just because someone believes in God doesn't mean they have to like she/he/it. I have no problem telling God to go to hell when I am in certain moods. Maybe I can kill myself and we can meet there.
  17. Mike04

Mike04 Active Member

I dont believe in what religion defines as "God" but rather that there is something that has started everything (whatever that may be). This is what I define as "God".

So, to answer the original question, I believe in a God (By my definition), but not religions aspect and outlook of "God".
  18. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Is there a God? Perhaps. I doubt it's the Christian God, or any other organized religion's God though.
  19. Boratz

Boratz Well-Known Member

First Q. Is there a God,named Jesus?
    2Q. Who are these people who believ there is?
    3q. Are they all suicidal?
    4Q: Therefore God is the maker of suicideers.

20. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

i did until i was 12. after all the abuse i thought he abandoned me, so i abandoned faith. i did not see the point in following a belief where 'HE' is supposed to help anyone through tough times, and left me to suffer...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.