do support groups work for you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the masked depressant, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i'm thinking of going to a support group, maybe once or twice a week, in the london / birmingham area

just wondering- who has actually gone to a physical support group and found it helped them?

2. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

London/Birmingham? That's a pretty big difference in locations. :p

Never been to one myself but can't see what harm it'd do to try it out.

3. the masked depressant

yep- london and birmingham are very diffrent.. but it works for me, as i live in lond, yet i study in birmingham

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I went to two here in the USA..Both times I told them that i wasn't ready to talk..They both bombarded me with questions.. I never went back.. When I am ready to talk I will let you know.. I suffer from socialphobia and it took everything I had to even go..

5. pleasure7pain

pleasure7pain New Member

I am a member of a support group. I go there as everyone has a story and we are all in the same boat. You do not need to wear that social mask, you can be yourself, That's priceless. I go there not to feel alone.
    Sick and tired of people who have no idea what is depression and try to tell you "just snap out of it", "do not think of the past" and blah blah.
    Also we always think, our sh*t is the worst.. so to hear others and not to feel alone (with this disease), that's why I go there.

6. the masked depressant

thanks for that.

that's actually really encouraged me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.