do the thoughts ever go away?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by outsidemike, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outsidemike

outsidemike New Member

20+ years now I've been fighting myself, have never wanted to end my life, but when I get into depressive mood its like it the thoughts come at me as an urge, I practically have to slap myself out of it. I gave in once about 9 years ago, a small mistake in the planning is why I'm still here, it was a good mistake to have made. Because of the fact I'm still here I have two children , I've married, I have travelled...yet still I fight

I'm going through a rough spell right now, my wife's been hospitalized for 5 weeks now. I'm caring for my new born baby and a 3 years old and trying to work. the lack of sleep and exhaustion has me at my wits end. my mood has crashed and The fucking thoughts are rearing their head at me again, I'm tired and just want them to go away.

I have never been treated, sought treatment, and have kept this in secret from anyone. thinking I need to change this

I

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I think that for most people the thoughts go away with treatment. It sounds like you're on the right track in getting treatment.

3. outsidemike

outsidemike New Member

getting help always been the hard part, ive thought about it many times and have never been able to do it, I've got sweaty palms just writing on this forum as a mostly anonymous person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.